Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

CUTOK DC330/CRAFTMATE 330 Help

Hi there:
    As a newbie I have just set up a Craftmate 330/CUTOK 330 machine with CUTOK MASTER software. All seems okay except that whenever I try and cut out a design the cut is about an inch lower than it should be. I.e., it cuts the correct shape but in the wrong place. I am using the laser to align the page before cutting.
    I don't have a user manual for the unit and the software 'help' files seem to have lots missing - there is only a general overview.
    If anyone uses one of these machines and can offer any help I would be very grateful.
    Thanks and happy xmas to you all.

View Gallery

I don't have one of these machines, but I would imagine the software would have some kind of calibration option to make an offset if required.

Perhaps look under the menu "File" there maybe a similar option to printers where you can make various setting changes.

I believe the Cutok (Chinese?) is fairly new to the market because there seems to be very little known about them on the web and what I have seen is people tend to prefer the Robo Craft or Quickutz, unless I've just been searching for the wrong things which is entirely possible :-).

Their website looks rather bare with the "About Us" section showing only a little man with a shovel which tends to mean it's still under construction, lol.

Sorry I can't help further!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

good luk ive had mine for 4/5 months and have never used it
    we could learn together

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by gmax21 View Post
    I don't have one of these machines, but I would imagine the software would have some kind of calibration option to make an offset if required.

Perhaps look under the menu "File" there maybe a similar option to printers where you can make various setting changes.

I believe the Cutok (Chinese?) is fairly new to the market because there seems to be very little known about them on the web and what I have seen is people tend to prefer the Robo Craft or Quickutz, unless I've just been searching for the wrong things which is entirely possible :-).

Their website looks rather bare with the "About Us" section showing only a little man with a shovel which tends to mean it's still under construction, lol.

Sorry I can't help further!
    Yes, you are right. The CUTOK site has only a Chinese user manual. The unit is the same as the Craftmate 330 and some others though so maybe a user manual for one of those might turn up online..Thanks for your reply.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lucy locket View Post
    good luk ive had mine for 4/5 months and have never used it
    we could learn together
    lol. Funny, me too (got it off ebay about 5-6 months back and never found the time to set it up until this week!). Well, I have got as far as cutting out card shapes and letters - which is does well. The problem is if I print something and then try to contour cut it. It is consistantly an inch or so too low, but otherwise registered properly.

Yep, as mentioned elsewhere there is a software offset adjust of between 1mm and 5mm, sadly not enough to fix the registration problem. If you have any Qs about the initial set-up or such, though, feel free.

View Gallery

i cant get my software to work with it so i use funtime pro.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Cutok/craftmate

I have the A4 craftmate version of this and wish I had never bought it!! So much so I think it will end up on ebay and a craft robo will be bought. I don't find it very easy to use at all and it never seems to cut what's shown on the screen. It doesn't even cut a simple rectangle, it'll go squint and doesn't close the shape. It also doesn't like cutting fonts any smaller thatn 1" but even then it's likely to churn up the card no matter how sticky the carrier sheet is. I also find that it never cuts where you expect it to cut and have wasted sooo much card! It doesn't seem to know where the page is especially if you set up a new page using centimetres rather than inches.
    I have a user manual of some sort but its no use!
    Sorry that probably isn't much use to you!

View Gallery

Craftmate/DC 330

Quote Originally Posted by emzy1006 View Post
    I have the A4 craftmate version of this and wish I had never bought it!! So much so I think it will end up on ebay and a craft robo will be bought. I don't find it very easy to use at all and it never seems to cut what's shown on the screen. It doesn't even cut a simple rectangle, it'll go squint and doesn't close the shape. It also doesn't like cutting fonts any smaller thatn 1" but even then it's likely to churn up the card no matter how sticky the carrier sheet is. I also find that it never cuts where you expect it to cut and have wasted sooo much card! It doesn't seem to know where the page is especially if you set up a new page using centimetres rather than inches.
    I have a user manual of some sort but its no use!
    Sorry that probably isn't much use to you!
    Well it helps to confirm it's not just me! lol. Does your manual say anything about adjusting the resgistration? So if you print something and then try and cut it out it cuts the proper shape but in the wrong place as well?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thats It Ive Given Up !!!!
    Ive Put It Back On The Net For Sale
    Hope Someone Wants It

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

craftmate manual

Just had another look at the manual, it is very brief and doesn't go in to very much detail other than setting it up.
    Think mine is heading for ebay too, i've seen some of the things that people have made using the robo and I am not convinced that the craftmate would be up to cutting any thing like it!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I have this machine too And I have to say it's not a patch on my robo, I know exactly where my robo will cut and what it will cut and that's worth more to me anyday.
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Does it have a carrier sheet like the robo? If so, could you move the paper/card up or down a bit to allow for the difference.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Craftmate

I have both the robo and the craftmate. I much prefer to do my designing in Design Master, but when I want to cut thick card or mirri card, I find the craftmate cuts really well. I haven't tried print and cut with it, so I can't comment on that, but I don't have problems with it cutting regular images.

removed
    Jenny
    Last edited by Lucille; 29-12-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Not a sponsor of UKScrappers

View Gallery

Cutok DC330 is the driver used in FunTime software.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

the driver is craftmate A4 240 or craftmate plus A3 330 in Funtime Scrapbooking Deluxe. for the older software i had to email them to get the driver. i can cut fine on this machine most of the time but cant get it to print n cut. thats not a problem as there is a way round it by doing a revers print n cut. yahoo groups have more help for the funtime software. i have never used the software that came with the craftmate as it was no use.