Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

#### SOFTWARE & NEWBIE December/January CHALLENGE ####

You should now know how to weld, create shadows and mats and weld text to a frame and how to stencil cut a shape from card. This month we are going to put what you have learnt so far together to make a stencil cut title which look lovely on Layouts and make a card look a bit special.

Design Master tutorial here
    Inkscape tutorials here
    Illustrator tutorial here

Once you have done the tutorial and have learnt this technique spend some time practising it and make your own titles. If you create a file you would like to share please upload in the template section where it is safe.

It would be nice if everyone doing the class could post a picture or a screen shot in this thread so we can see what everyone is working on and yes there is even a tutorial for that in RUStuff.

If this is your first time joining the software class and challenge please start with previous tutorials in this order if you feel you are not ready for the above yet -

1. Getting Started (this is in the Robo Master section)
    2. Welded Words with Mats
    3. How to Make a Contour Mat
    4. How to Weld Text to a Frame
    5. Cut Out Shapes on the Edge – Stencilling

Don’t struggle alone post any help questions here or in CR Chat and remember there is no such thing as a stupid question, we were all new to this once.

You don't have to cut out what you make if you don't want to, you can use a pen and save your blade and carrier sheet and you don't even have to save the file.

If you are doing the class and don't have questions drop in and say HELLO.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

My effort for the software tutorial

Had a problem finding a snowflake and doing away with the background but found this one in the Robo-Master templates.

Sorry, I put this in the wrong place, I thought I was in the Software tutorial post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

It could be your picture that isn't showing the gap around the present, did you upload the picture as you would if you were uploading a file?

Here is a picture of one someone made when we had this tutorial as a challenge first time round can you see the slight gap around the dogs head.
    Last edited by Lucille; 02-01-2009 at 12:33 AM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

hey Lucille, think I've cracked it

I've been hard at work since I last "spoke" to you, have I got it right this time?
    Grace

Buttercup
    View Gallery

#### Software & Newbie Help December/January Challenge ####

This is my first attempt of a challenge, honest opinions would be appreciated. Never added a file before so I hope I get that right.

Traceyx

Font used wide latin bold and fish downloaded from google search
    Last edited by Lucille; 14-01-2009 at 12:21 AM. Reason: File moved to template section for safe keeping

Buttercup
    View Gallery

Same design but with mat, sorry Lucille do not know how to do a screen shot, and cannot find it in tutorials for love nor money.

Traceyx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    My effort.

View Gallery

I was pleased with this one, and spoiled it all by not saving it properly for the file, so that will need to wait till tomorrow.
    Grace

View Gallery

thanks for the nice comments ladies, shall I do it again? so the DFX file can be up loaded, I don't mind, but I just don't know if it would be of use to any one, I had originally made a card for the death of my niece, and that was what I used as a template to follow the tut.
    Grace

Buttercup
    View Gallery

I had to do a card for my friend 40th birthday so I thought I would combined it with the challenge, although the file looks fine in inkscape for some reason when I open with paint and save as a jpeg it gives a shadowy effect around the mat, and when I open it in robomaster it looks really bitty, if I post the screenshot is anybody able to see what has happened, I have checked and double checked that I did not have the mat duplicated which to me seemed the obvious cause - any ideas.

Traceyx
    Attached Files Attached Files

Buttercup
    View Gallery

Ok, this has caused me problems from the start but I think I have finally cracked it, although I have not cut it yet, i'm really not in the mood, so tempted to give up but stayed with it.

Traceyx
    Last edited by Lucille; 04-01-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: GSD file moved to templates for safe keeping

View Gallery

right here it is again, done it all properly this time, I think, I hope
    The font is just the basic Script font that we all have, the flower came from lpflower 2 (capital a)
    Grace
    Last edited by Lucille; 04-01-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: GSD file moved to templates for safe keeping

View Gallery

Lucille need help with Inkscape pls

Hi Lucille,
    I am trying this months challange, the sky lines, but my problem is 2 fold, either inkscape or RM.
    Inkscape:- I have checked the tutorials and can't find anything to help me, if I have missed it, sorry, just point me, otherwise, help,
    here goes:- I have got my silhouette in front of me in inkscape, but don't know how to get the out line.
    RM:- I got further, after I got the out line, I don't know how to edit the nodes, I think there is rather a lot, and I am sure it would benefit from a bit of tweeking, again I couldn't find anything in the tutorials, and again if I missed it, sorry, maybe I am being a bit dim, because I got out of bed too early, but I'm afraid that when I opened my eyes, I couldn't get the CR out my head, and what I wanted to do with it. it wasn't bad thoughts
    thanking you in advance,
    Grace

View Gallery

The skyline is a challenge for the more experienced people those that know their way around the software. I would suggest sticking to the newbie challenges in the Chat forum for now it is a lot less frustrating if you take baby steps and as the saying goes, you have to learn to walk before you run.

If this is something you really like and want to do save the instructions and keep them to one side for another day.

View Gallery

Oh, I wasn't expecting that, I thought anybody could join in, I also thought it might have been because I have the CRLite, that made it harder to follow.
    Grace