Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Design Master

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Design Master

Hi everyone, I am thinking about buying the Design Master software. I would like to know if it welds letters together okay. That is without welding the inners of the letters like the robo lite does. Hope this makes sense. Shirley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I have knk studio which is similar Shirley and that works ok with welding But I use Inkscape mostly for that sort of thing.

Do you not us inkscape it has more capabilities than DM I thought
    Tina craft robo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

hi Shirley, i have only used it once or twice, i does some amazing things but it didnt for me, i just couldnt get to grips with it and i no longer use it

many people think its great but, i think many people think it takes some getting used to,

there are tutorials but im the kind of person that if it needs instructions its too hard,

i like to figure things my self and with DM i just coundnt and didnt have the will or drive to keep with it

i use PSP incskape, photoshop and scrapbook factory and i find i can do all i need to in those, then just auto trace it.
    Hugs

Hiphopgirl

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hi Shirley

I've got Design Master but haven't used it much to give an honest opinion on it really.

I downloaded Inkscape and it does everything I need it to do and its FREE, which is always a bonus.

Scrappy Carder
    View Gallery

I use Design Master all the time now. Welded words and mats are so quick and easy and I didn't find it hard to learn at all , whereas with Inkscape I was always in a muddle and it never did what I expected it to do.

X

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I love designmaster and use it all the time - couldn't get on with inkscape at all. DM is easy to use and you will find welding and so much more an absolute doddle. I believe that a new version of DM is being considered by Graphtec, but no time scale has been given.

Sylvia x

View Gallery

i too love designer master, have used inkscape, but we dont seem to get on with each other, plus it was always crashing.

kate

View Gallery

Shirley I've spoken to Phil about this and they are supposed to be fixing the weld problem with RM, if you want to save your pennies and wait. You could get by with Inkscape until it is done.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

I love Design Master, I have been using it since May this year, I couldn't live without it, it's amazing. It welds letters words and you can make mats for them and much much more, G-ma

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks very much everyone. Mixed feelings. I do use inkscape at moment for welding just thought it would be easier and quicker in Design master. Might wait until new version comes out.

Thanks again, Shirley

View Gallery

What ever program you use welding text is the same, just the command names are different.

View Gallery

I use Design Master and love it. I was stumped by it as well as it wasn't like any graphics programme I had used before, although some of the actions were like a Corel programme I use as well. I didn't have the manual when I first had DM as it wasn't available at the time. Once I downloaded it and with all the help I have received in this forum I get on well with DM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Myra, when you weld letters together does it leave the middle of the letters in or do they disappear? Shirley

View Gallery

They don't disappear in any of the other programs only the new RM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I use Design Master all the time and love it. Mind you I downloaded all the tutorials on here and read them umpteen times to get the hang of it. All programs take time to learn, but if you go about it slowly it will be worth it. By the way, the first thing I did when I had my Design Master was weld a word, so it can't be hard can it?!!!