Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Thread: name stamps

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

name stamps

Hi everyone, I have been having a bumper card making session and have come across a problem, hoping you can give me some advice and/or tips. I want to make some cards more personal, adding for instance the words "sister" or brother in law, special couple, you know what I mean. I don't get on with peel offs, they are either the wrong size or just not quite right. I can't find any sheets of rub ons with family names, so I was thinking that maybe it would be a better investment to but some stamps. Can anyone recommed anything. I do have some individual letters, but they are too big, and i have a right job getting them straight!Phew, that is a long question, thanks for taking the time to read this, any advice would be really appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Yvette

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I think Woodware do a set of Female Relatives and Male Relatives clear stamps that may be perfect for the job!
    Erika x
    "Hug them, kiss them and tell them that you love them. Don't miss the chances that life is giving you to spend with people you love. There are no rewinds!" Adam Sandler

My Photobucket My Blog

View Gallery

OOh thanks so much erika, i will go and do a search right now. thanks again.
    yvette
    Yvette

View Gallery

they were not quite right for my needs but i have found a set that are really useful, they are called perfectly clear. Thanks again for looking. yvette
    Yvette

View Gallery

Lightbulb re: name stamps

Hi there, I had the same dilema myself and came up with a cheap and flexible alternative that I thought I'd share.

I expect many people do this anyway, but just in case not, you can print out your own sentiments and greetings for cards/layouts when you can't find a stamp for that occasion.

I've downloaded some really nice free fonts from a couple of websites (I can't post urls yet - so PM me if you want some examples) so I just type my text into Word, selecting the size, font and colours of my choice and then print them onto the card/paper of my choice. You can either print onto the card directly (if you're good at judging where to put the text in Word so it will print in the right place) or print it and mat the greeting onto coloured card to give it a co-ordinating edge. As an alternative, you can also print your greeting/words onto sticky acetate and add as a transparent (albeit glossy) layer directly over your images or other wording instead.

Hope this helps for those occasions where you don't have a stamp available.
    Tan xxx

Visit my blog: tanfasticstuff.blogspot.com

View Gallery

Have you tried printing your computer greetings onto 'Safmat'? - they are clear adhesive sheets which are like one large sticker sheet and you can print a whole bunch of greetings onto the sheet then cut them out individually. They hardly show when you attach them to the card so it looks like you have printed directly onto the card.
    Jenny Cocks, visit my blog Don't get mad, get crafty!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    ... I just type my text into Word, selecting the size, font and colours of my choice and then print them onto the card/paper of my choice. You can either print onto the card directly (if you're good at judging where to put the text in Word so it will print in the right place)...
    I use desk top publishing software for this and this allows me to move and position text very accurately. I print all my card inserts with this too. I use Serif but I believe MS Publisher is part of the Office suite.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."