Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Becoming a UKScrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Can Anyone help?

I have been happily cutting my Christmas cards with my Craftrobo, which require two cuts due to the thickness of the card, without any problems. Now, for no apparent reason, even though I have registrations marks, the second cut is a fraction out of line. I have no idea how to solve this or why it should be happening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Celia

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

Hi Celia, I had a similar problem and found my carrier sheet had lost some of its stickiness and did not hold down the card firmly enough and there had been some slight movement after the first cut. Cleaning the carrier sheet with a babywipe and spraying lightly with some repositionable glue cured it. If you know your backing sheet is very sticky I cannot think of anything else but I am sure someone will be along to help as there is excellent help available.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I have had this problem also. I was told at the time that it was because I had cut too many of the same thing at once. The robo is designed for home use, not commercial use, and for some reason seems to get a bit stroppy if you overwork it. I was told to turn off robo, exit the file then go back in. At the time I wondered if this could possibly have any truth in it. But I have to say that on the odd occasion that I have this problem, this cure does seem to work for me.

View Gallery

I am having the same problem at the moment so I have just ordered some 3d repositioning spray

Becoming a UKScrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you so much for your kind and helpful advice ladies, I was getting to the stage of desperation! However, I am very pleased to say that the problem is now solved! I cleaned the carrier sheet as suggested by Wishful Thinking (although it still seemed to be sticky) and slightly re-sprayed it. Just to be on the safe side I then switched Robo off and left it for about 15mins. Anyway, it is cutting now like a dream. Once again ladies A BIG THANK YOU!

Celia