Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I've not heard of that before, doesn't it give you some kind of error message/reason why?

What about trying to download from a different site, try Major Geeks it is one of the sites I have used for years.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

I wonder whether it is Windows Defender that sees it as an intruder. I don't know enough about software but I know a man who does. Unfortunately he is not back until Sunday.

My computer has been on all day. It may be that if I switch off and reboot it will all work. I will try that tomorrow.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

if you want a good, free Anti-Virus then check out Avast

View Gallery

Arrow DM Software Code Problem

this is computer related. if i restore my pc to factory settings and install DM my software code changes, it means my license files want work. and wanted to know if anyon else has had this problem. CAN IT BE SOLVED

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaja View Post
    if you want a good, free Anti-Virus then check out Avast

I had AVG but it kept telling me there was a file missing (can't remember which file it was) I uninstalled it then reinstalled but still got the same message so I installed Avast. I'm glad to hear someone recommend it

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Are you downloading from the ESET siter? That is where I downloaded from and it went OK.
    Hi again Lucille. I have just logged on again to Eset.com to see if I can overcome the problem with downloading the software and have now read that one has to remove all other virus protection before doing so. Perhaps that is why I had a problem. My system uses Windows Defender and E-Trust Antivirus and I am very reluctant to remove anything until my 'captive software engineer' gets back. Windows Defender is telling me that it has isolated the problem and I certainly have seen no sign of it yet, so far, today.

Thank for your help.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I had major problems with AVG not updating, so did my father on his computer, changed to Avast and not had a problem since. It's great and goes off like a hamster on a wheel all by itself in the background! It also found problems on its first run which AVG had been missing. Coudn't recommend it enough now.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Thinking View Post
    Hi again Lucille. I have just logged on again to Eset.com to see if I can overcome the problem with downloading the software and have now read that one has to remove all other virus protection before doing so. Perhaps that is why I had a problem. My system uses Windows Defender and E-Trust Antivirus and I am very reluctant to remove anything until my 'captive software engineer' gets back. Windows Defender is telling me that it has isolated the problem and I certainly have seen no sign of it yet, so far, today.

Thank for your help.
    I think that only applies to the installation not downloading. I did disable AVG for installing, if you read what it says carefully there is a contradiction I don't think the English is all that good.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by traceyjp1 View Post
    this is computer related. if i restore my pc to factory settings and install DM my software code changes, it means my license files want work. and wanted to know if anyon else has had this problem. CAN IT BE SOLVED
    Everytime you restore your pc, you are wiping the drive before restoring the backup. Each time this happens the drive info changes slightly, so when DesignMaster is installed and it queries your drive to create your machineID it receives different info than it did last time it was installed, so the machineID is different.

The only way I can think of trying to improve on the situation would be to install DM and then use a 3rd party disk imaging tool like Acronis TrueImage to make a backup of your drive. That way, when you restore your drive from the TrueImage backup you are restoring an exact image of the drive, just as DM expects it to be, so your machineID stays the same.

Not the perfect solution but a way around at least.

Also, if anyone is looking for a perfect backup software, TrueImage is excellent and can bring you back from a complete drive failure or virus infection in minutes. I can't recommend it enough. It's another peice of software that I have used for years and couldn't be without.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Can anyone recommend a programme for finding and deleting duplicate files please?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Brian I did try your link to the online checker, but as DH has the HDs labeled the wrong way round at the moment, it wanted to check the back up drive not the one I use better start nagging
    For future reference; the online scanner will scan all local harddrives one after each other, so should move on to your system drive after your backup drive has been scanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Thinking View Post
    I have just logged on again to Eset.com to see if I can overcome the problem with downloading the software and have now read that one has to remove all other virus protection before doing so. Perhaps that is why I had a problem. My system uses Windows Defender and E-Trust Antivirus and I am very reluctant to remove anything until my 'captive software engineer' gets back. Windows Defender is telling me that it has isolated the problem and I certainly have seen no sign of it yet, so far, today.

Thank for your help.
    One of the worst things you can do is install 2 active anti-virus systems on the same PC, so be glad it didn't install . You would need to remove E-Trust before installing any other anti-virus products. Windows Defender should be fine however as it's more a malware/system protection and is meant to used alongside anti-virus software.
    Last edited by BrianP; 29-08-2008 at 10:00 AM.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BrianP View Post
    For future reference; the online scanner will scan all local harddrives one after each other, so should move on to your system drive after your backup drive has been scanned.
    I know but I hate waiting.

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

Thank you Brian. You're help is always welcome and very much appreciated.

Mary

View Gallery

BrianP thankyou for the reply that explains a lot. i would have gladly paid extra for a dongle. so much easier.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Can anyone recommend a programme for finding and deleting duplicate files please?
    Try: http://www.easyduplicatefinder.com/
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk