Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    nothing like that Lucille, just lose connection with UKS, but can get on any other site.
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Same here it is the same every day and really really annoys me, yesterday I had to restart my PC 4 times because I lost the connection and like you say I can surf and get on any other site but this one, it has to be something here. Perhaps it is some kind of protection and they switch at various times that's when we get cut off and can't get back in.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

protection for what Lucille?, maybe its so we will go and do some housework or make the dinner or bathe the kids?

View Gallery

make room for someone else

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I'm glad I've subscribed to this thread I thought it was my computer that was the problem

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    make room for someone else

View Gallery

Many a time I can't get into UKS but can get everywhere else. I wonder if there is a limit to people logging into UKS at any one time?? Sometimes I can be reading all the posts then click on the next post and it takes ages for that page to load and when it does says its not available. Hmmmm must be a limit thing, can't think what else it can be.

View Gallery

Hi Jan it's nice to know that it's still happening to you as well and now others are speaking up about having the same problem. Last time we discussed it on here I did a search and found something re the same problem someone was having on a site (not crafting) and this techie person said it was something to do with the firewall type protection on the site and that they switch regularly for security reasons, hackers I suppose, it was a jargonish the answer but that is very simple what he was saying. That is what gave me the idea to restart my PC and it worked, but such a pain.

What I don't understand is why when I asked SMAX over a year ago about the problem they blamed my ISP provider, but I can't see how it is them or I wouldn't be able to get on any site.

Have you noticed when it comes to IT problems, they always blame the other guy married to a computer engineer I hear no end of bs.

Jill
    View Gallery

I don't have a problem accessing the site but I do find that it stops loading a page and doesn't move, as if it has frozen. If I go to another tab page in the browser that works, so it must be something to do with the site. Maybe too busy?
    Jill

My CR seems to have taken over my life!...... Well, until our new grandchild arrives in December!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Web servers and the databases that run forums are usually set up to have a certain number of connections which means that at very busy times you may not able to gain access. Think of them as being like a telephone service with a fixed number of lines/operators except you aren't put in a queue, you have to "ring" again! Again at times the internet itself can be very busy - this time think of roads at rush hour, too much traffic slows everything down - sometimes to a standstill. So both these can cause problems with access and/or speed. And there's not always a lot we can do about either....

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Things usually get extra busy around cyber crop time on UKS
    next weekend when the main event itself is on, don't be surprised if things really slow down and you will find that some options on the forum like searching will be turned off to help the forum cope.
    Ramblings of a Robo Rebel

Forever Memories For You for all you Robo needs

[/FONT]3, That's the magic number. Yes it is, It's the magic number .

View Gallery

This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.