Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)

Question Tutorial for colouring digital images with Photoshop

I was wondering if any one could point me in the direction of any easy to follow tutorials for using Photoshop to colour in downloadable images such as Pink Petticoat. I've been playing about using the paint bucket but haven't rally been happy with the results

Any tips from more computer savvy folk greatly appreciated

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    hmmm not sure this is actually "do-able" well it is, but you would need to zoom in and paint the pixels in VERY carefully

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I haven't used photoshop as don't have it yet. If you want just flat colour 'paint' in windows works just fine for me

If you find out about photoshop, I'd love to know as been tempted to buy it but haven't been brave enough yet!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I tend to print them out and colour in as its too much faff and you need to be pretty good at 'painting with light' or knowing where shadow and highlights need to go. But if you really want to try, first flat fill using the 'fill' and then zoom in znd use the dodge and burn tools to highlight, and lowlight then use the smudge tool to blend.

I've just put 'using burn tool in photoshop, tutorial' into a google search and its come up with quite a few hits.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Thanks for the replies ladies,I know it can be done as I've seen examples on different blogs but no instructions as to exactly howWhen I've got a little more time I'll have another play and see if I can get any better results.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Corel do a Paint programme, you can download a free trial and there are some very good tutorials on it as well. It isn't as expensive as some either. Fascinating to watch the tutorials.