Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

magic wallet card

Hi there
    does anyone have any instructions for making a magic wallet card or similar. I have been trying to find that and also instructions for making a card that has horizontal cuts in it which then have more card strips put in the resulting flaps. When it opens it can open in several ways. Saw a demo the other day but can't remember how to do it (tried and failed) - teach me not to press record!
    Thank you in anticipation.
    Best wishes
    Gill
    abitdotty

Dedicated Scrapper Traceys-crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

There is a Jacobs Ladder podcast on tvweekly.com. I have made it, think a magic wallet is just a shorter version, same principle.
    My Blogspot
    "Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy; they just promised it'd be worth it."

View Gallery

Thanks for that. I have made the jacobs ladder (card and album). The magic card appears to have crossover ribbons in it rather than doubles then a single - I will have a go at a shortened JL and see if the crossover ribbons inhibit it working.
    best wishes
    Gill

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    Is the second kind of thing you have mentioned a flag book? If you google "flag book" you will soon see if it is. Not something I have the patience for myself, but I have made a few Jacob's Ladders...
    : o 0 PETRA 0 o :
    August 2013 week 1 challenge
    July 2013 1 x SLO= 10 points

View Gallery

Hi Petra
    no, it's not a flag book, although that is another I would like to have a go with at some point. It has an accordian fold and 3 slits that are made horizontally at equal lengths down the card in the middle section. Then you fold back three resulting 'loops' one side and the 3 on the other and somehow weave some card in an out of the loops (which will be vertically placed). I don't know how many scores I need to make it. When assembled it should open like an accordian AND at least 2 other ways because of the construction.
    I think I will check out my paper construction book to see if I can find something similar in there.
    Any more suggestions?
    Thanks Petra - you reminded me of something else I wanted to do. Oh for more hours in the day!!
    Best wishes
    Gill

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Check out "Secret Panel Card with Dawn" on You Tube - I think it's what you're looking for

View Gallery

Hi there
    thank you very much for that. Sorry to have taken a little time to reply - I have just come back from holiday.
    I have come back to find that my computer has had a hissy fit because I left it for a week, and the modem is not working (broadband). Luckily I have an internal one so I can use dial up as an emergency measure, but I am going to have to wait to sort the broadband out before I can look at the video.
    Will report back then and thanks again, very much.
    Gill