Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

Help - Box for A4 Card?

Not sure I'm posting in the right place - since everything has been moved the card section doesn't seem as 'cosy' anymore

Anyway, I've been asked by the MIL to make a card for a lady who is turning 100! She needs the card to be big as it needs about 100 signatures so wants it A4. Not keen on cards that size myself but there you go.... if wants must

I said it would be hard to make an envelope for it so she suggested a box (which I presume I would decorate). Finding it hard to get a white A4 greeting card box - any ideas anyone? Found some silver ones on that auction site but they were a bit garish (white would probably be best). I will probably have to order online as I don't have much time to get to the shops!

Thanks in advance for any help - I need it quickly too as got to have the card made yesterday as per usual

Patsy x
    My blogaroonie: Patsy's Little Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

wink

Hi Patsy

Have you got any 12x12 card, because what I normally end up doing is joining 2 12x12 cards together placing the finished A4 card in the middle leave 0.5mm around 2 side edges score the lines, fold 2 side panels into middle and glue. Measure 0.5mm at top and bottom of card, score and then cut the shape of an envelope flap top and bottom, cut away extra flaps and glue down bottom leaving only the top flap for the card.

You could always try this method from newspaper before using the precious 12x12.

View Gallery

Thanks Angel! Fab idea and I did think about making the envelope but unfortunately she has her heart set on a box now! She works in the city so I've told her to have a look for one as she has shops at her fingertips every weekday - it's harder for me to get into town with a 3 year old and a 9 week old I've also just realised I don't have any cardstock to make an A4 card so I'll need to go shopping for that anyway!

Don't you just love it when people expect you to magic things out of thin air - like yesterday!!

I had my cake and ate it too!! Pink Chocolate's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)
    an alternative could be to do the card long instead like concertina/accordian type so it could still have loads of space as u can keep adding as many pages as you like it would just get thicker thats all

View Gallery

Hi PC

I mentioned doing an A5 card (imho they look better than A4) and then doing an insert so that more sigs could be added - bit like you've said I guess... She didn't seem keen Will have to go out and see what I can get I guess.

Thanks anyway!

Patsy

View Gallery

yes but did you explain that if you did an a5 card and did it concertina type then it could end up really really long when you put up

i will see if i can find the piccie of one i did for my sons birthday

hold on

View Gallery

ggrrrrr its not in the birthday folder i hope i havent lost it oh well at least i still have the card

the thing is if you do it in a smaller scale but make it longer it is more like a book than a card and in my opinion much much nicer for the recipient to keep

View Gallery

Mentioned it to her but she wants A4 so I've been out today and got A3 cardstock This is my MIL we are talking about you know Tbh I'm really not keen on what she's asked me to make (very twee) but at the end of the day she's the customer

Dedicated Scrapper tracey241180's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    What about trying the card (eeeek) shops? They have boxes that can be completely decorated or just a few bits added?
    Don't just live it...scrap it!

View Gallery

Sorry Tracey - only just saw your reply. We managed to get an envelope in the end so drama over lol!