Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like Silhouette GSDs converted before uploading

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 97.56%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not bothered either way

2 2.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

#### Silhouette Templates ####

Would the Craft Robo users prefer to have the Silhouette GSDs files converted before uploading?

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

I've voted yes please.

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

I would be delighted to do this to save members hassle. I have converted one of my old files, I think done in QK v4.5. Shall I upload it to templates or this forum and would it be a good idea for me to ask CR owners to state which version they are using to open it? It seems that more versions than Brian realises can open these files. I wait to hear.

View Gallery

That's very kind of you and I am sure everyone will appreciate it. I have set up a temporary home for the templates and will move them in there.

It will save you the trouble of trawling through and you can do them when it is convenient.

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    That's very kind of you and I am sure everyone will appreciate it. I have set up a temporary home for the templates and will move them in there.

It will save you the trouble of trawling through and you can do them when it is convenient.
    Thanks Lucille, I think that is a good idea too. I am really looking forward to most of us being able to share.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Wonderful Idea
    And will help all those that are not able to convert
    Tina craft robo

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    ive voted yes because i assume having initially installed the update 4.4 to them be told because i sell my designs it would be best to stay with 2.4. I have therefore uninstalled and reinstalled 2.4.

so i assume i will not be able to open the sil files, if they are converted will i then be able to open them if i want to.

View Gallery

It might why not try one, there are a couple in the template section I don't think they have been changed yet and if they have I'm sure one of the ladies wouldn't mind letting you have one to try.

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by stressed View Post
    ive voted yes because i assume having initially installed the update 4.4 to them be told because i sell my designs it would be best to stay with 2.4. I have therefore uninstalled and reinstalled 2.4.

so i assume i will not be able to open the sil files, if they are converted will i then be able to open them if i want to.
    I have uploaded a converted file for the Castle I did in QK GSD - It would be interesting to see if it all works.

Lucille, there is another file of mine entitled Cross that needs to be moved into the Silhouette Thread when you have a moment.

View Gallery

wink

Thanks Lucille

I think this is a very good idea as well, now to download some more templates.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Thinking View Post
    I have uploaded a converted file for the Castle I did in QK GSD - It would be interesting to see if it all works.

Lucille, there is another file of mine entitled Cross that needs to be moved into the Silhouette Thread when you have a moment.
    I don't want to move it yet, because it isn't ready to go in the permanet section it has another week or more in the ordinary section.

I have just moved the older ones as found them today. Unless you want them to go permanent now?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Thinking View Post
    I have tried the conversion program on the files with 4.4 and there's no problem, believe me if there was you would have heard from the other users by now

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

I have tried the conversion program on the files with 4.4 and there's no problem, believe me if there was you would have heard from the other users by now
    That's good to know. When I read Brian's post I thought it was to enable CR members to read Silhouette files. I hadn't realised that I too could convert before posting. I think it makes very good sense for us to convert before uploading. At the moment I think there are only a very few of us because there has been some nervousness about CR members not being able to open the files but I am sure their will be more ladies soon trying their hand at their own designs and wanting to share.

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

I don't want to move it yet, because it isn't ready to go in the permanet section it has another week or more in the ordinary section.

I have just moved the older ones as found them today. Unless you want them to go permanent now?
    It's fine with me to make it permanent. I will have to change a link I have set up in the cards section but that is no problem. As soon as I see you have moved it I will edit the card link. I do have a number of templates that I have not uploaded. If I were to upload in what format should I do it - I don't want to cause confusion - or perhaps it would be better to wait until your poll has finished.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am so stupid.
    I thought the same as Mary, that Brian's converter was only for Robo users.
    Apologies, I have just posted a template into the main templates section. I could have sworn I had put it into the Silhouette only templates.
    I have not even had a drink, I'm not tired either, so no excuse!
    Averil