Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I personally think the promarkers and copics are virtually the same, they do the same and I have bought the promarkers from silly monkey crafts who is a sponsor here x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Can anyone recommend a few nice colours for hair please.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That's the peeps I bought them from at the NEC wish you hadn't reminded me tho.. just looked up their addy and realised they're only an hour & a bit away from me and there's another nice shop on the way. I'll be skint once the car knows the way lol.

Marilou
    View Gallery

Well, let me try this again. Apparently I can't yet post links, so I lost my post.

I did quite a bit of research both before and during the purchasing of my Copics markers. I found helps on a site called Color Me Copic and Suzanne Dean's site called ScrapBitz. I started by purchasing 2 or 3 markers just a few numbers apart so that I could shade, and I purchased from a list I found that Marianne Walker suggested. I see that Suzanne has a starter list on her site as well. I still watch lots of vids! I like Suzanne's and different ones I find on YouTube to learn how to shade hair, clothes, skin, etc. I now have 138 markers and feel like I have enough to do most anything. (I hope )

Dedicated Scrapper phoenix rising's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Emmak View Post
    Does anyone know how copics differ from promarkers? I'm going on a long plane journey and want to be able to colour some stamped images to keep me busy for those rare moments when both children are asleep but I wasn't sure which to go for.
    Don't know if any one has answered this but it seems to me the main difference is that Copics can be refilled, but weighed against that is that Promarkers are cheaper. Both are alcohol ink pens.
    Lesley

Phoenix rising

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Does anyone know is printer ink prone to bleeding with copics or am I just not letting it dry enough?
    Even after at least 24 hours its still bleeding a bit.
    Thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I've never had a problem with the copics and printer ink bleeding even when colouring a couple of hours after printing ,It could be the paper your using , I print on Neenah or Rymans coated
    Eileen

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks,
    I may have to invest in better card.
    Not sure what the brand is I'm using, think its just generic stuff from craft shop.