Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Themed Cards > Invitations and Announcements

Notices

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I just love that font - its gorgeous. Do you remember which one it is?

Quote Originally Posted by loopyanna View Post
    I made some wedding stationery for a friends wedding coming up in October

Anna x

Dedicated Scrapper stinky-pearl's Avatar
    View Gallery

Simple, themed wedding invitation.

Here is my completed invitation for my forthcoming wedding in June. Its simple and rustic which was the look I was hoping to achieve. Ive used nothing else but my printer and sakura glaze pen so it really is simple. Cards are not my forte but im happy with the finished look

Ive played with allsorts of ideas from scrolls and gatefold to the majorly embellished or embossed but nothing was making me feel excited.

I wanted something different and a theme to run right through so I decided on "A bicycle made for two". My two year old daughter sings the song all the time which prompted me to use the idea.

To the right of the invite is my little cake topper which I have fought tooth and nail to find but thats another story!

I photographed the topper and changed the colours to a sepia to give the invite more of that elegant and old look. I hope you like it.
    Last edited by stinky-pearl; 20-01-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    [FONT="Fixedsys"]LadyBugs Picnic[/FONT]

Dedicated Scrapper ScottishThistle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by stinky-pearl View Post
    Here is my completed invitation for my forthcoming wedding in June. Its simple and rustic which was the look I was hoping to achieve. Ive used nothing else but my printer and sakura glaze pen so it really is simple. Cards are not my forte but im happy with the finished look

Ive played with allsorts of ideas from scrolls and gatefold to the majorly embellished or embossed but nothing was making me feel excited.

I wanted something different and a theme to run right through so I decided on "A bicycle made for two". My two year old daughter sings the song all the time which prompted me to use the idea.

To the right of the invite is my little cake topper which I have fought tooth and nail to find but thats another story!

I photographed the topper and changed the colours to a sepia to give the invite more of that elegant and old look. I hope you like it.

Ooooooo!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!! Really different and away from the ordinary. TFS. x

NT is not 'normal' it is just common! Wisher's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (187)
    Really stupid question here - but I'm not a card maker. I am making my wedding invitations and want to put a strip of ribbon accoss the width. The ribbon is fairly wide and I don't think it would make a nice bow. How do I make the edges of the ribbon look ok? I can work out a ladscape version but a protrait version has me stumped...sorry for being so naive.

thanks in advance
    Gx
    Swaps: unofficial found poetry (sent - waiting for return) , stocking swap 2023 advent swap 2023
    Gill x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

You could sew them onto the paper. But I am sure that you will find bow-instructions via google that will help you to make really beautiful bows without sewing, even with wide ribbons. Good luck!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopyanna View Post
    I made some wedding stationery for a friends wedding coming up in October

Anna x
    Wow these are fantastic - how did you do the writing?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

loopyanna your invitaions are gorgeous, stunning, your friend must have been over the moon with them.

My hubby and I got married August 2009, I made our invitations which was pretty much the start of me getting in to card & invitation making.
    We had a small wedding on a Hebridean island, all in all there was only 21 of us there, we got married at the seat of the lord of the isles on the Isle of Islay.
    Trying to add a photo of our invitations, menu's & place settings but not working due to being a new member

Craft Addict
    View Gallery

Hi i'm a newbie! I have asked for someone to adopt me in the Adoption thread but as I have just got into making wedding stationery I just thought I would take a look . Wow what lovely ideas! Hopefully one day I will be this good! xx

Dreaming of very early retirement! YorkshireKaren's Avatar
    View Gallery

Can't believe I just found this thread after months of worrying, so thank you for sharing all your wonderful ideas. My son gets married next April, and I have promised to make all the invites and place settings. I love scrapbooking but don't do cards, so am having a major panic in case they don't look very good. He is in the RAF, so wants aeroplanes to figure in the place settings. The wedding will be purple, so I've bought lots of lilac pearl card, just need to actually get cutting it out and finding an invite I'm happy with!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Quick and simple invitation for my friend and my brother who are getting married next month

Hope the pic is ok, used the iPhone photobucket app

View Gallery

That looks gorgeous Leigh, really professional.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Thanks Karen

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just browsing the forum, must say what beautiful wedding cards you ladies have made

Mummy to Two Beautiful, Special Boys, Jack and Sam xx butterbee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Wedding invitations 002.JPGWedding invitations 003.JPGWedding invitations 001.JPGWedding invitations 006.JPGWedding invitations 008.JPG

Some that I made - invites/RSVP's/evening invites - plus matching directions/envelopes - I am yet to make the table plan, place cards and thank you cards!

More pics on my blog too

View Gallery

Sarah, they look so pretty, well done!
    I've now done my son's invites, and have just started on the place cards. The seating plan is a headache I haven't faced up to, yet!