Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Suzie. I don't know if you know, but there is a yahoo help group for Funtime. There are a few files available on there, but mainly some fantastic tutorials. Also lots of help available on their forum, and a lady called melinda who has helped me several times. If you haven't heard of it pm me for the details.

Diane

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I'm looking forward to this. I got to grips with the basics quite quickly but have never done any of my own stuff. I know that by using it purely for welded titles is laziness on my part so this'll be the kick up the bum I need

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
    I'm looking forward to this. I got to grips with the basics quite quickly but have never done any of my own stuff. I know that by using it purely for welded titles is laziness on my part so this'll be the kick up the bum I need
    Your not lazy.

I'm primarily a scrapbooker I got a CR because I didn't want to pay for dies, alphabet dies are very expensive and I wanted to be able to use different fonts, so CR was the way to go for me. Think what it would cost you to buy dies for all those different fonts, you are saving a fortune and CR pays for itself.

I also spend hours doing tutorials, not because I want to create fabulous cards, but because I am addicted to the software. Remember you don't know why some people do what they do it could have more to do with software are a business thing than hands on crafting.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Question

i've only just joined & have only just got my silhouette (seems the same as a robo). this sounds a great idea, but i won't have been on here long enough, so i dont think i will be able to download anything (it is 30 days isn't it ?)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have a Wishblade which I believe is the same as a CR or a Silhouette so I hope to learn from all of you.

I have had my machine since October and mainly use it for welded names to personalise my cards but have lots of problems with my machine and it has put me off trying to do more.

Am hopeless at "drawing" my own designs and struggle with any of the "technical" stuff to do with the computer so don't really understand many of the terms used so far in this thread ... am determined to persevere though and hope to be doing more with my Wishblade before too long.

Hope you have LOTS of patience because I'm a bit slow to learn.

BetteK xXx
    Last edited by BetteK; 21-04-2008 at 01:10 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Have just re-read some of the postings on this thread and can confirm I am "software challenged" ... LOVE that expression and am SO glad I am not the only one!

To prove my point I don't even know where or how to find the challenge we are supposed to be doing to learn more about our machines ... where do I look please?

Sorry to be so dumb!

BetteK xXx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by BetteK View Post
    Have just re-read some of the postings on this thread and can confirm I am "software challenged" ... LOVE that expression and am SO glad I am not the only one!

To prove my point I don't even know where or how to find the challenge we are supposed to be doing to learn more about our machines ... where do I look please?

Sorry to be so dumb!

BetteK xXx
    Don't worry, it doesn't start until May, so you aren't missing anything yet!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
    Well if you know how to weld titles, you already know how to weld everything else too - there's basically no difference - so now you've got no excuse!!

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

OK ladies perhaps we should start preparing for May 1st.

Most software commands are the same for every program, if you learn to use 1 graphic program you can take that knowledge and apply it to other graphic programs. Some of you will have to trust me on this. Yes, there slight differences but you can overcome these as and when. Therefore some of you might consider learning using Inkscape, it’s freely available on the Internet and we have quite a few tutorials already that you can play with until we know what tutorials are needed for other programs.

Set up a folder on your desktops for saving to.

The only thing you will be uploading is a tutorial. You might find this idea helpful. When I do tuts I open my program and resize the window (move your cursor to the edge of the window until you see a double-ended arrow. Hold down the left mouse button and drag the edge of the window until it is the size you want, about half the width of your screen). Open the tutorial and resize this to fit the other half of your monitor that way you can read and work. You could practise this to get comforable with it.

The challenge will be posted in the Chat forum on May 1st everyone should see it. The tutorials will be in the tut forum.

Why is everyone so scared of their CRs you just switch it on, stick your card on your carrier sheet, shove it in the front and click cut, please tell us in detail what your fears are, lets try and sort some of them out while we wait.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Hiya
    im up for this , have had my robo a while now, but only done the basics, so would love to join in, im looking forward to it

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Lucille
    I'm glad now it's your challenge I dont think I could be prepared for this

Tina x
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

I'm not sure I am either.

It will be a learning experience for us all, I will iron out any wrinkles as we go along and there are bound to be some. As long as we all have fun while we are learning and can laugh when things go wrong, we'll get there.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi
    Another newbie here, in fact only ordered my robo today, but I would like to join in - to be honest, I'm a bit (LOT) worried that now I've actually ordered it, when I get it I won't have a clue what to do with it.

View Gallery

Oh dear, I have a problem already. I downloaded inkscape a week ago and it won't run on my computer, I have emailed Aaron at inkscape and he's looking into it for me...sure hope I can get it fixed

View Gallery

What happened when you tried to install it?