Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Pen Holder

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Pen Holder

Good Morning Everyone. Have spent all day yesterday looking for my pen holder. I keep it in the same place all the time so I really can't understand. I have been awake half the night thinking 'where can it be?'.

I now think it is time to give up and buy a new one. Should I go for the dearer one? I have heard they take Sakura pens - I thought these would smudge!

Shirley

Cath
    View Gallery

I have the bigger one which my husband adapted from the original one by drilling the centre out but I find the sakura pens do smudge. I have been told it is because the pressure is too high. I do use the bigger pen holder a lot with a different metallic gel pen. Cath.x.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Cath, Kind of thought they would smudge. So I am probably better going for the cheaper one. Shirley

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I find that the Sakura pens only smudge if the writing is under one of the rollers, otherwise they are fine. There are a greater range of other pens that you can use if you have the bigger pen holder. If I was in the position of needing to buy a new one, I would go for the more expensive pen holder.

Jenny

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Jenny, You are probably right. I think I should go and order now and stop waisting my time for hunting the old one.

Shirley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    It'll turn up as soon as you place your order ! My stuff always does.

I've used Sakura pens without problem - do a test drive and adjust the pressure to suit; if this is too high the "basic" gel pens can go blobby, but I have no problem at all with the stardust ones.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Rosemary, I have ordered and will now wait patiently.

Shirley

View Gallery

I'd definately go for the bigger one as it takes smaller ones too. The only problem I've had so far with my Sakura pens was when Robbie stopped for quite a few minutes "to get his head round the information overload I'd given him" and because the pen was just hanging around in suspended animation it blobbed a little bit but I've had no problem with them smudging when going under the rollers as I thought this may be a problem so watched carefully what was going to happen, the rollers came into contact quite a bit with the drawing but didn't smear or smudge the image.
    Hels
    We shouldn't wish our lives away but when is my retirement day?
    Coreldraw 12