Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (97)

Stacy Julian's 'Photo Freedom' book

Anyone read it ?
    I've just finished it , cover to cover . I was drowning in photos with no proper system so this was a timely read . Has anyone out it into practice and if so what did you use for your category drawers ? Just spent a fruitless hour searching on the internet for suitable drawers but they're either the wrong size or way too expensive . Even ebay didn't turn up anything . I know that if I don't organise my photos now having just read this book , I never will , so I've gotta get some drawers ASAP.
    I've got a sort of similar system going at the moment but my albums have fixed pages and the secret is to use ring binder albums ! Something so simple and yet it makes all the difference. The poster chart thing that came with the book was hysterical . Don't think I'll be taking it quite that seriously but it's got me thinking and I can adapt her system to suit my needs .
    Would be interested to hear from anyone who's adopted this system. Anything that saves time has got to be good !
    My Blog

Claire

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolate_ee View Post
    Anyone read it ?
    I've just finished it , cover to cover . I was drowning in photos with no proper system so this was a timely read . Has anyone out it into practice and if so what did you use for your category drawers ? Just spent a fruitless hour searching on the internet for suitable drawers but they're either the wrong size or way too expensive . Even ebay didn't turn up anything . I know that if I don't organise my photos now having just read this book , I never will , so I've gotta get some drawers ASAP.
    I've got a sort of similar system going at the moment but my albums have fixed pages and the secret is to use ring binder albums ! Something so simple and yet it makes all the difference. The poster chart thing that came with the book was hysterical . Don't think I'll be taking it quite that seriously but it's got me thinking and I can adapt her system to suit my needs .
    Would be interested to hear from anyone who's adopted this system. Anything that saves time has got to be good !
    The book is on my list to get

I recently bought a fabric fold flat box for £2.49 each at Tesco... they are big enough to store 7x5 maybe even bigger, I used the A4 Dividers for binders and just chopped them down to the size required and use them for storing my photo's in now... they look good and hold quite a lot of photo's!

I will try and get some photo's to show you in a little while
    Erika x
    "Hug them, kiss them and tell them that you love them. Don't miss the chances that life is giving you to spend with people you love. There are no rewinds!" Adam Sandler

My Photobucket My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Mmm, I'm having the same problem, too. I've started using Really Useful Boxes to organise mine, the same way as TwinTrouble is organising hers! Any large prints (i.e. over 7x5) I just store in a board- backed envelope/ package they were delivered in. I also keep a stock of the photo envelopes, in which I keep photos for specific projects- mini books,etc, and for taking to crops.

Kerry

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)
    I store mine in a RUB box and made my own dividers. I found that a lot of the ready made boxes only catered for 4"x6" and I only have bigger piccies.

Cambridge in New Zealand (town of the trees)was Liverpool
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    So want this book, I take it that its good then.

What about cropper hopper they do some good photo storage.
    SSF Team CJ 2008 target 52 los completed = 3 Mini books completed = 2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I use some sturdy cardboard 7x5 photo storage boxes with lids that I found in WHSmiths, not as convenient but a whole lot cheaper!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Hi
    Have also just read it cover to cover and feel very inspired! When i explained it to my DH he thought I was going mad!

The only drawer units I can find for the categories, are the Bisley Card index cabinets which are very expensive. Apparently sometimes you can find them second hand but I haven't yet.

I'm frantically printing all my photos so I can put them in albums. I'm going to use them as my photo albums and then not move them out as she suggests. Only haven't printed for about a year!

However, I am very tempted to move from the post bound albums I'm using to the American Crafts D rings. Currently my albums having no order at all - just when I completed a layout they got put in the current album. So now that I want to move them around it is a nightmare. Can't decide whether to start from this point and not worry about what I did before.

Anyway definitely recommend the book - has made me feel it is all manageable even with the quantity of digital photos I have.

Marguerite

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (97)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
    Hi
    Have also just read it cover to cover and feel very inspired! When i explained it to my DH he thought I was going mad!
    Mine too !!

I found some antique oak ones on ebay but they were extortionately expensive unsurprisingly. If anyone's found any good drawers anywhere please let us know !
    My Blog

Claire

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    whsmiths had three drawer, not sure if a4 or slightly smaller, drawers for £4.99 when i went in there the other day, hope this helps someone.

Always use a spelll checker! ruskin-art's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi, I have just read the book too and have been thinking about adopting her system but like you have been struggling to find any thing remotely similar to what she suggests.

I am going up to staples tonight to have another look around.

I think I will do the same as you Marguerite, and put my photos in albums (Tescos have some failrly cheap ones - not sure how scrapbooking safe they are though!) and keep them there as it will be really hard work to keep moving them around as she suggests. At present mine are in Really Useful Boxes - one for each child - perhaps I am already on stage 2 and have not realised it!

Will have a look at American craft d ring albums - for stage 3 - even though I am relatively happy with the albums I am currently working on.

Will follow this thread with interest - hoping someone may have found the ideal storeage albums and category drawers!

2010 challenge = undertaking '52 walks' photography project.

my blog

Always use a spelll checker! ruskin-art's Avatar
    View Gallery

opps posted twice!

2010 challenge = undertaking '52 walks' photography project.

my blog

Dedicated Scrapper English Rose's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)
    I've got the book on order - can't wait! Though to be honest I'll probably just keep on scrapping chronologically.

Rachel

View Gallery

I really like this book too and have been looking for metal drawers too. Bisley do them in loads of colours but can only find grey ones and two tone brown ones in the shops - yuk.
    Jennifer

View Gallery

I've got the book and I've collected all my boxes of photos into one room.
    I'm really glad to have the impetus to get to grips with the huge photo collection, much of it inherited. I've been failing to get it in order for ten years now!
    To start the process along for recent photos I've got archival ring binders, 5x7 and 6x4 print sheets to go in the binders from Jessops. But I was wondering what to use as 'card index' other than a small card index box I have already. The Bisley ones look great in the colours though they are a bit pricey, you could build up by buying one at a time?
    Janette

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)
    I've just finished this and also read it cover to cover, I found it so inspiring. I'm dying to getstarted but like others am stumped on what to use as category drawers. I found one place selling Pioneer storage albums & refills. Most of my photos are 6.5x4.5 or larger so standard photo sleeves are no good. I must sort sdomething soon though or I know I'll end uo not doing it and I really am drowning in pics