Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sure Cuts Alot

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

Sure Cuts Alot

I have just seen this Software mentioned on another thread and was wondering if anybody has any experience of it and can let me know if it is worth buying or not. It allows cricuts to cut any true font which is fantastic and I would love to be able to do that

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I would be interested too - so bookmarking this thread!
    Becks x

Stressed spelt backwards is DESSERTS...

Nutter Extraordinaire!! scrappydiva's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I think some ladies on the Cricut Common Room thread might be able to help.

Another Doodlebug charlie bucket's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    It is worth EVERY penny! It is so easy to use. I havent used a single cart since I got it a couple of months ago.
    I have had no problems with my cricut or software since installing it (and im not listening to all that void warranty hype either)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    If you're thinking of getting it fine BUT Cricut has put a notice on their own website invalidating your warranty if you do use it. If you google the name of the software, there's a forum on there and I appreciate that Charlie Bucket and probably others too, have had no problems with it BUT there are a lot of peeps on that forum that have.
    If you bought your cricut in USA then the cost to yourself of sending it back should you need anything done under warranty might not be worth it but I bought mine in the UK so I'm covered by a UK warranty with a UK distributor,so I'm not risking it.
    Gwyneth

Blog

previously known as Kelley Coulson. Kelley S's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    I'm interested too. I was starting to think i had made the wrong choice with the Cricut Expressions, but this software changes everything.
    Week 7 - total lost 19lbs

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I have been using this software and it is brilliant, not only can you cut any true type fonts on your cricut you can also make your own designs in inkscape and import them into your SCAL software and cut this too. I have cut lots of flourishes and joined words, and it is so easy to just click the shadow button and you then have a shadow for it too, so easy.
    I bought my expression nearly a year ago from US, I am not bothered at all by the warranty issue. When I bought my silhouette over a year ago now everyone kept telling I should have bought the Craft robo (which I already had, long story) as I got a longer warranty. I have never had a problem with my silhouette, so the warranty was not an issue on that either.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth 123 View Post
    If you're thinking of getting it fine BUT Cricut has put a notice on their own website invalidating your warranty if you do use it. If you google the name of the software, there's a forum on there and I appreciate that Charlie Bucket and probably others too, have had no problems with it BUT there are a lot of peeps on that forum that have.
    If you bought your cricut in USA then the cost to yourself of sending it back should you need anything done under warranty might not be worth it but I bought mine in the UK so I'm covered by a UK warranty with a UK distributor,so I'm not risking it.
    You are quite right! the reason I wasnt listening to the cricut 'void warranty' is because I have an american expression.

....If I had bought my machine in the UK, I probably would have thought twice before even trying SCAL

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Julia I have pm'ed you - sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. Just to add I love my SCAL. There is a forum where some talented ladies have allowed you to download their designs including scalloped squares, circles and flourishes etc. I - personally - have had no problem with my cricut since downloading this software. And I know a load of people who have sold their CR's after downloading this as it's so easy to use. I can't comment as I've never used a CR!
    Sarah x My Blog

NT is not 'normal' it is just common! Wisher's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (187)
    where do you buy this magical programme??? lol
    Swaps: unofficial found poetry (sent - waiting for return) , stocking swap 2023 advent swap 2023
    Gill x

View Gallery

direct from the makers craft edge

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I have the SCAL software too, and really like it. I think the stuff about voiding your warranty is nonsense, as it doesn't alter your Cricut in any way and there's no way that Provo would be able to tell you'd used it, unless you told them! It's the same principle as sending a job to your printer via PS rather than Word. I don't believe current warranties have any disclaimer on them about 3rd party software either. Or does anyone know different?

View Gallery

Can anyone answer a question for me. I'm wanting to get this software but i use 2 computers (laptop downstairs that i use when scrapping in the lounge and my PC upstairs in my craftroom). Will i have to buy it twice to get it on both computers? I was looking at getting the Cricut Design Studio, but i was put off because you can only upload it twice. So i was wondering if i can put it on 2 computers.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Hi Kelly -I've got it on 2 computers - no problem.
    Sarah x My Blog

View Gallery

How did you get it on 2 comps? did you just download it twice but only charged once?