Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

so what do i need?

apart from vinyl what other things would be good to have along side with my robo??

Can I use any card or is there a limit of gsm?
    As i mentioned in other post i bought my robo off ebay. i had the machine. and not a lot else, so I am not sure if I am missing any of the 'accessories' to go with it???

I've still not used it [well be giving it a go later on] so i want to make sure i have everything I need to get going.

Sorry about the millions of questions

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    for cutting card and paper you will need a carrier sheet, its slightly bigger than A4 white tacky centre laminated sheet, usually has yellow wax paper over the sticky bit.

you can buy them from graphtec in a pack of two look on the crafty-club website for more info.

obviously apart from the machine and a blade thats all you need to get going.

you can also buy other types of media to cut in your robo, vinyl, flock flex etc but untill you have had your robo a while and know and understand all its capabilities i would stick to card and paper.

take your time and get to know how it works and handles various card and paper try out all the tools in robomaster to see what they do.

just take your time and you will be fine.

the max grms is i think about 220/230 but if you read back through threads you will see that it is not all about grm weight, moisture, density, texture can all affect how a robo cuts and it is a first alot of trial and error and a big learning curve but as i said if you take your time you will be ok in the end.

a way to save on card etc is put copy paper onto the carrier sheet and find a thin pencil or pen that will fit into the pen holder that usually comes with robo as standard and send to cut but instead of cutting it will draw the shape for you, sometimes as a learner this can be alot less stressfull

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    ooooh cool, just looking and i have the carrier sheet.

Thank you for the tip about pencil, i will defo do that many thanks!

x
    Aly

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    You should have your machine, power and usb cables, installation/software disk, carrier sheet, and blade with adjustment caps, and hopefully a paper "quick installation" guide.

If you bought your machine new you should also have a trial media pack, and often you'll have various other goodies - depending on who supplied it.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."