Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Circle cutters

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Circle cutters

I'm going to the hobbycrafts fair next weekend in Glasgow and am looking for a circle cutter. Are there any that you can recommend or alternatively have had problems with and maybe best to avoid?

Also - I don't have any circle punches for smaller circles (1" or so) so are there any decent cutters that go that small or should I be on the look out for punches too?

TFL
    ShOnA

You can visit my blog here : Millie Sparkles

Live each day as your last and remember to smile MrsRudy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Hi there, most circle cutters are the same but the do leave a small hole in the middle of the circle - fine if you are cutting the circle out of a card but not if you are using the circle (hope that makes sense). I use mine a lot but am also about to buy a couple of punches. The circle cutters do go quite small - I have never tried that small but sure it will. Hope this helps and enjoy the fair.
    Susy

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)
    i tried the fiskars but couldn't get on with it, have a compass cutter which is ok but leaves a hole. my fav is the nestabilities dies that can cut and emboss if you have a diecutting m/c. if not punches

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Coluzzle is supposed to be fab( havent got one so can t confirm), and SU has a great range of punches ( and they re the ones that don t jam in the card), they stock 1/4", 1/2", 3/4"and 1". M xx
    MONICA GALE

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    They arent the cheapest and you're limited to 24 different sizes but you really cant beat the creative memories cutting system. My girls have been using it since they were in infant school with no problems and it doesnt leave a hole in the middle. Once you've got the blades you can also use them with the ovals & other templates. There should be a stand at the show so have a play with it before buying anything else.

Doing things my own way angeljakki's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    the coluzzle is great when you get the hang of it. I have loads of their shapes. Circle scribe is good but as everyone says they leave the hole in the middle. I use my robo if I'm making alot of shapes but still use the other systems sometimes.
    What about the Nestabilities from spellbinders. They do circles and you can emboss them after to give a very professional look. They have good sizes if you get the 2 sets.
    Last edited by angeljakki; 03-03-2008 at 09:19 AM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    Another one here who can recommend the creative memories circle cutters, and also the ******** Up punches...neither are cheap, but they are good quality.

Caz
    x
    My Blogeroo please drop in and say hello

...now with a blog =0) CharlieDK's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)

CM works for me too...

Quote Originally Posted by playingwpaper View Post
    They arent the cheapest and you're limited to 24 different sizes but you really cant beat the creative memories cutting system. My girls have been using it since they were in infant school with no problems and it doesnt leave a hole in the middle. Once you've got the blades you can also use them with the ovals & other templates. There should be a stand at the show so have a play with it before buying anything else.
    Which non of the other systems did. And I had mine and used them for 4 years now and the blades in the knives are still fine.

Well worth the price INHO - my only problem getting them was that nobody in DK sells them - guess you wont have the same problem.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I actually use the Fiskars system now - eventually got the hang of it as it is tricky. Once you can do it the circles are OK and you can actually use the circle part - ie no hole in the middle. Probably cheapest option - although you may not get on with it so maybe go for a more expensive (less fiddly) option...
    My blogaroonie: Patsy's Little Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (52)
    I have one of these by EK Success, but I bought a cheaper glass worktop from Asda to use with it. It is quite expensive, the cutter is £12 and the templates about £15 per pack but it is the easiest thing I have found for larger circles. For smaller ones I love my punches or you can get a compass cutter for about £2.99-£4.99 that does upto 6". The EK Success one doesn't leave a point in the middle but the compass cutter does.

http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Products/1083.php
    A Bowl of Cherries - My personal blog

View Gallery

Another one who loves the creative memories cutting system . I have a lot of difficulties with my hands and originally tried the fiskars system - a huge waste of money. The cm system is really easy to use. If you have the cm circle template you can cut 18 different sized circles.
    Karen
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I love my Creative Memories system. Had it for about 6 months now and wouldn't be without it
    Clarexxx A Pink Glitter Gal
    July12: Total= 20pts DLO=1
    My Blog http://chillybears-cave.blogspot.com/
    Swaps:

View Gallery

Thanks for all your replies. Have a few ideas of what to look out for now.
    ShOnA

You can visit my blog here : Millie Sparkles

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Not sure that you will see a Creative Memories stand at the show. If you have any diffuclty getting them go on their website and you should be able to ask for details of a nearby consultant. Failing that i can post you some.

View Gallery

I've got the EK Success set and love it. I also didn't pay for the EK glass mat - I picked one up at Asda for a few pounds.