Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    I have just this minute finished bidding on 'you know where' for the 132 set , can't wait to get them now !!!

Just trying to track down my mojo...anyone seen it? GRIGGSY's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    You pipped me to the post - I knew I shouldn't of gone out! Oh well I will keep searching.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    sorry !

Hope you get another good deal soon

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I have made a post in general scrapping about these

please, please could someone tell me how to use these prismacolours, are they used with water and brush or how are they used??????? was thinking of getting some but no idea what do to with them, sorry to ask, thanks xx

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by elaine1000 View Post
    Did you go for the 132? The prices you've quoted sound good. I'm sure mine were more expensive than that. I got them in the Dick Blick art store, although they were on special offer (but your price still sounds better).
    It was Dick Blick I ordered them from. Never heard of them before but a guy in my local art shop recommended them. Went for the 132 so I won't wish I had more colours lol. I figured I might as well as the dollar is so low just now, it's a good buy. They were $92.69 (excl. shipping), which seemed an ok price, although I'll probably change my mind about that by the time my customs gets added on..

Just need to wait for them to arrive now...Can't wait.
    ShOnA

You can visit my blog here : Millie Sparkles

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I've really been looking for Prismacolor Premiere pencils, too, but no luck in the UK. However....drum roll, please.....I came across this site for the UK Coloured Pencil Society here. They do NOT sell anything so hope it's okay to post this, but I was looking at the gallery and was blown away by what could be done with coloured pencils. Good grief!!!

Anyway, some of the artists use a brand of pencils (Caran D'Ache or something like that) that is available at that bookstore-newsagent on the High Street in most towns. I may give those a try. Anybody else used those? Maybe our sponsors might carry some (hoping so, anyway). Or any other brand you like?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Jane, I use Caran D'Ache Supracolour II Soft watercolour pencils, I love them! See my post number 11 on this thread.
    Hope that helps
    Tilly x

I live in CHAOS Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I got my 120 prismas this morning. Am already loving them

Edited to include... mine were £52 incl shipping and no customs added. V. pleased

As happy as a pig in muck!! jo.bee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (87)
    Wow - to be able to draw like that. I have Staedtler Aquarell ones - and I'm really please with the range of colours - I've only got 50 but I think they will be plenty.

No more shopping 'til I can see my desk!! DianaDreads's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Quote Originally Posted by floydypops View Post
    I have just this minute finished bidding on 'you know where' for the 132 set , can't wait to get them now !!!
    Ooh,I was watching that auction too!
    Decided to be good...for once

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    Quote Originally Posted by shonam View Post
    A guy at my local art store recommended a site that's selling the 72 for $55.61. 120 is out of stock but due soon - they are $83.99. I think I can get them cheaper elsewhere but not sure where to look just now. Have googled but not sure who is reputable or not.
    Looking at the prices, that's the site I found through Google that seemed to have the best price (the 120 was OOS when I asked for shipping costs of the 132 set, but is now back in). The postage was a bit OUCH! on the 132 crayon tin (which is what I ordered yesterday), and as they use FedEx I'm almost certainly going to have to pay import duty But I still reckon I stand to save against buying from the only source I could find in the UK -- certainly can't see them being any dearer.

At the moment I have a set (different make) of 24, and find them very restrictive -- my attempts to get different shades from one crayon haven't been very sucessful at all But I've still enjoyed colouring my Nellies and Magnolias with them, and have looooooads of other stamps that need colouring rather than simply embossing, so I reckon I'll get enough use out of them to warrant having paid out

ETA: Just read your later post, and yes it was the same site

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneH View Post
    I've really been looking for Prismacolor Premiere pencils, too, but no luck in the UK.
    I found one UK source (the official suppliers for Europe), but they wanted £105 + £4.95 p&p for the 132 crayon set!!!

There is nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate Kirsty262's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (120)
    is there a difference between Prismacolor (Karisma) and Prismacolor premier??

View Gallery

The guy at my art shop told me that the karisma are for Europe and don't have such good pigmentation as the premier. He said if I was going to pay that amount then to order from the states to get the premier as they're worth the extra money. HTH
    ShOnA

You can visit my blog here : Millie Sparkles

There is nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate Kirsty262's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (120)
    thanks