Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Themed Cards > Stash Central

Notices

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    that looks really lovely. mind you your colouring in looks better than mine anyway

I've completed a couple of cards
    tildaswim.jpg edwinrain.jpg
    RUBY SNIPPERS /GOLD EYELET
    Facebook Blog May points SLO x 11 =110pts

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    Quote Originally Posted by angeljakki View Post
    I got the prismas to try out and I have to say I do prefer them to the winsor and newton water colours I was using. To me they worked out cheaper. I have been buying over many years the different water colour blocks and at £2.50+ for a half pan to get the quality of depth in colour needed for the good result the pencils work out cheaper.
    I bought the 132 prismas and am still learning to use them but like the results they are giving. The colours are much more vibrant. One I managed to get done.
    Attachment 95141
    They come all neatly boxed and are much easier to take to and from hospital at the moment.
    Fab card...can't wait to try mine out later....I will try doing a side by side comparison with my watercolours for everyone to see.
    Caz
    x
    My Blogeroo please drop in and say hello

Dipping in and out! Kamilicrafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I got the prismas to try out and I have to say I do prefer them to the winsor and newton water colours I was using. To me they worked out cheaper. I have been buying over many years the different water colour blocks and at £2.50+ for a half pan to get the quality of depth in colour needed for the good result the pencils work out cheaper.
    I bought the 132 prismas and am still learning to use them but like the results they are giving. The colours are much more vibrant. One I managed to get done.
    Attachment 95141
    They come all neatly boxed and are much easier to take to and from hospital at the moment.
    Stunning card! Wonderful colouring too.
    Grandmothers are just antique little girls

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I've got polychromos, f&c pastel pencils, derwent watercolours, d&r artist grade watercolours, chromo acrylics, sakuras, marvys plus lots of different cheaper brand paints, felts, pencils etc. I've got cheap & expensive stumps, sable brushes, artificial brushes, koi's etc...

and I still cant colour in

I do like my polychromos but I think that it's purely because there are so many different colours. I find it easier to shade with watercolours tho. My thoughts on what to buy are, buy the best you can afford but if like me you're naff at colouring you wont notice a great improvement no matter how much you spend.

Doing things my own way angeljakki's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    thank you for your lovely comment dawn and Kim. Lovely cards maddie. This one is watercoloured and you can see the depth that is missing. Its harder to achieve the depth.
    DECEMBER 034a.jpg

Doing things my own way angeljakki's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    playingwithpaper I am sure you are just being harsh on yourself.

I would have to agree though buy the best you can as it does make a huge difference and sometimes you spend as much getting a set of this then that without achieving the results you would like.

I visited a lady a few yrs ago after she stated she would like to be able to colour like me and would never be able to in a milion years. After a couple of hrs she was getting the same results as me she was just trying to use to much colour at one time.

There is nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate Kirsty262's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (120)
    how much are the prisma ones please

I am using watercolour pencils and liked the results but now I have seen the prisma ones OMG they are fab

Wil take a pic of one of my cards later so you can see what I mean

No idea how to do the shading either

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnS View Post
    I really dont see any difference in effect with the water colour pencil & the prisma.
    I would never pay all that for pencils, I use w h smiths or watercolour paints.
    Much prefer a paint brush & an egg cup of water than the water brushes, You dont seem to have control over the amount of water coming out.
    There is a massive difference between the two - once I used my Prismas I knew I would never go back to watercolours again

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    Bryn can you post 2 cards side by side for effect please,if you can.
    Would love to see.
    I think Jakkis 2nd post the colouring still looked fine.
    Dawn

Live each day as your last and remember to smile MrsRudy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    They've arrived .................... yep my order from a sponsor which I placed on Wednesday has arrived ............. have got the kitchen bench and the grass so I can build up pictures now!!!! Have also just ordered prismas and all the other bits so that I can have a go (if they are here by the crop Kirsty we can have a play!!)
    Susy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Lovely cards Amanda and Angeljakki, wasn't sure how to use the horse either so didn't buy it but love what you've done with it.
    VALERIE (please do not call me Val, thanks)
    Swaps:

Valerie's blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)
    i have polychromos and have just got some prismas. must say that the prismas in my opinion are better as the colour is more intense and vibrant. also better choice of colours 120 prismas and 72 polychromos.

angeljakki - love the tilda with the umberella, not seen that one before. great card

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I think some poeple prefer the derwent pastel pencil you can get them in the uk. I'm not sure if it was gadget that did sorry if I got that wrong. Maybe they can post a pic of the ones that they use.
    Yep was me... I have the derwent pastels and prismacolour pencils, and I actually prefer the pastels... but I guess that is a personal choice. I colour both in with paper stumps and sansador tho.

Here are a couple of thumbnails, the first using pastel pencils, the second using prismacolour pencils.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    playingwithpaper I am sure you are just being harsh on yourself.
    angeljakki, not being harsh, just realistic it's why I only do whitework parchment these days. Give me a blade or parch tool and I can hold my own with most but add colour in to it and I'm pretty poor. Love your card btw, I've been hesitating over the the horse but he might just jump into my shopping basket now

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Jakki - I adore that card with the horse!!! I have the horse stamp - put away as a mothers day gift and not allowed to open it before! (BAH!!) Now i desperately need a "little person" with her hand out so I can do what you have done - that looks fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tracey x
    www.bristolandwalescatrescue.com
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&id=716698092
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana" Groucho Marx