Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A wizard is never late - he arrives precisely when he means to hazgizz's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)

Should I change my LO

How annoying is my OH. Doesnt show heaps of interest in my lo's , just a grunt yeh thats nice, or no thats cr*p (which has been known) when I show him

So I showed him my latest lo, and I know I'm not very good and dont have the confidence etc but now he's coming up with his own ideas of what I should do - however I was quite pleased with this one.

So here's the lo http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/photopo...0&ppuser=26659 and he thinks I should put the verse on a paw print instead of a heart - easy to change

But should I?

I'm going to get worried if he starts getting my papers and herma out

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I think I would leave it in a heart, but maybe make the heart pink or red, just to add a small bit of colour.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    To be honest with reactions like that I wouldn't even bother to show him. I like the heart and if you do that's all that matters.
    My blog
    www.nanagin.blogspot.com

Better a creative mess than an idle tidiness.

Interpol Hamster Division Aardvark1's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    I like the heart - because you're talking about paw prints on your hearts in the journalling, so it makes more sense than to have the words on a paw print.

Set the cat on him! That layout is gorgeous. It's really touching, and your photos of your cat are stunning (it's quite an art. I've tried to get decent cat photos for years, but they're always out of shot or running off). Really like the combination of all those black and white papers at the bottom too.

A wizard is never late - he arrives precisely when he means to hazgizz's Avatar
    View Gallery

I do quite like the paw idea tho - think I'm just toying with it and mad at myself coz I didnt think of that

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Go with what you want and you like. My DH is actually very supportive, but if he suggests something once I have finished a page I just ignore him! I think your LO is lovely as it is.

So many photos, so little time USA2UK's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I like the heart. It's not out of nowhere...the verse talks about your heart. Maybe you could humour him and add a little paw print by the verse, actually on the heart. But no, I wouldn't change it.

My DH occasionally suggests things I could do, and I take it all with a pinch of salt. And then I usually don't do what he suggests, because it is not at all what I had in mind.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I didn't look at the other comments first - just at your LO and as heart is mentioned in the verse I think I would leave the heart shape but perhaps do something around the edge so that it isn't as plain.- anyway I think I would find it difficult to get the right sort of paw shape that size. By the way I liked your LO - I have some cat ones to do and yours has given me some ideas - thanks. Remember everyone has different tastes and theres no pleasing some people so carry on doing what you do and enjoy it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    scrapbooking is an expression of how you feel so do what you feel is right , if you dont like the outcome just changing the placement you can always go back to the first way !!!!
    i like the words on the heart but just express yourself not someone elses expression xxxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Gorgeous LO. I would definitely leave the heart but maybe add a touch of colour ... red? ...
    Moira - Pink Glitter Girl

The Life of Rory Updated 14/1/10

I WILL complete more than one layout this month............ nikkimitch's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    I agree the heart works - but maybe with a spalsh of colour - pawprint wouldnt make sense (to me anyway) love the idea behind the layout too and great pictures
    Nikki
    My Blog

sticking stuff
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (57)
    i gave up showing my other half a LONG time ago! don't be too proud though if he makes a suggestion which can improve a layout, it was probably just a fluke on his half! i don't ask my other half what he thinks as i know he'll give me an impartial answer!

i think your page looks great as it is, and the pawprint would work equally as well

Handbag, shoe and choco - holic! Bluemoonjules's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    It's a lovely LO!!

I agree a touch of red would be good - why not mat the heart on a piece of red card and cut it 3 or 4 mm/quarter inch round so the heart is bigger, overlapping the photos a bit more. For my own preference, I'd make it quite a deep blood red, not bright scarlet. I'd also either ink the heart with black or draw a thin black line a mm or two in from the edge of the heart.

TBH I think the paw print might would detract from the real paw prints in the snow......
    - 6.25% Welsh -

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    i think your LO is lovely - cats are notoriously difficult to photograph! the pawprint could be really lovely, goes with the theme of the LO although the heart is pretty too. i think you should go with what you think looks best regardless of what your hubby says (if you think a pawprint is better then use it, let him bask in his own rightness for a bit and chuckle to yourself quietly! no harm in him thinking he's done something well if you were going to do it anyway!)
    Louise
    The simple act of focusing on things that are normally taken for granted is a powerful source of creativity. Edward de Bono

I need Mary Poppins bag for my Tote me thinks ..... J0anne2403's Avatar
    View Gallery

Perhaps to please you both as you sound a little keen on the idea anyway is to add a small or few small paw prints to the heart! HTH's

: SLO - 2x10 = , MINIBK , CJ 1x25 = Total =