Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Copic markers

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)

oh well Copic markers

Does anyone have any of these?
    are they as good as they look on your stamping or does anyone know of another marker which is just as good.
    after looking at some american blogs where they use these all the time but when looking for them found they were quite expensive. not sure if they will be worth it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I want to know this too, Liandra. Are they as good as people say they are and will they make a difference to my colouring?!

Have pm'ed you.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

ha ha

[QUOTE=Steph77;45441 Are they as good as people say they are and will they make a difference to my colouring?!

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah on all counts..lol.. I have a got a few Copics & I love them.. I've used them to colour Brads.. gem stones... ribbon... cardstock,
    I'm hoping the B'day fairy will bring me, the airbrush system I have put on her list...lol.
    Here are two cards I've made with them so far, the fishergirl one I also changed the Ribbon colour & Brads too with Copic's to match everything else.

I do have other marker pens like Tombows & le Plumes, But I'm quickly falling in love with Copics.
    Yes they are pricey but they are also refillable too..
    Hope this helps.
    Sheila

P.S sorry the scan on here of the fishergirl is well naff.. no idea why cos on my hard drive it's fine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scrapygran; 15-02-2008 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Typo's

Mmmmm pretty paper.... MuckyFingers's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I would love some but cos they're professional products they're a tad !ouch! spenny

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Wow, your colouring is amazing scrapygran I didn't know you could use the pens to colour brads etc. Great cards

I can feel my resistance weakening lol...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    I got some of the Copic Ciao ones and I have sold them again, I didn't like them, you really do need all the colour groups etc because otherwise you have just plain block colouring, which I didn't want, I like to be able to do the shading, and to get lots of the copics is veryyyyyyyy expensive. I also didn't like the fact that on the Ciao pens they are brush markers and I couldn't do such intricate work very well. I found that the cardstock I had as well was very bad with copics, it kept bleeding out of the image, which annoyed the hell out of me, lol

I think, in the States they can get much better quality cardstock, like Papertrey etc whereas we are much more limited for good quality but reasonably priced white cardstock.

I am heading back towards my prismacolor pencils and trying to get more of these, much better value for money in my book, but it is only my opinion.

If the Copics were more reasonably priced then I might be tempted again, as long as I could get the sketch markers or the original Copics as they have slightly smaller nibs which for me would be easier to colour etc.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    I am the same as Alex, I can t justify spending all that money on them at the end of the day there are just markers and to get nice results you need 3-4 diferent shades of the same colour( now that becomes expensive) I use bog standard watercolour pencils and markers or just plain ink pads, and find that I get on just fine, my images are not wishy washy at all, and i can afford all the colours under the sun cos they re not that pricey
    MONICA GALE

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    I am the same as Alex, I can t justify spending all that money on them at the end of the day there are just markers and to get nice results you need 3-4 diferent shades of the same colour( now that becomes expensive) I use bog standard watercolour pencils and markers or just plain ink pads, and find that I get on just fine, my images are not wishy washy at all, and i can afford all the colours under the sun cos they re not that pricey
    I don't think anything was mentioned about any images being 'Wishy Washy'.
    I to use other colouring mediums too.
    I wasn't criticising I was just stating that I had Copic's & I like them & why I like them.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Great to hear the pros and cons, I'd been wondering about Copics too, but I'm enjoying using my marvys just now

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Scrappygran your cards are out of this world! The colouring is just amazing.

Collector of pretty things Samm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I've been getting pretty good effects with my cheapo Whisper pens and a blender pen from TomBow. I've got a number of them that I've recently done on my blog.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I thought the copics were expensive as well.Although scrappy grans cards are lovely.I cant get on with my whispers and blender pens at all.It just seems to take the surface of the card of and ends up looking rough.Maybe its the cardstock I am using.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapygran View Post
    I don't think anything was mentioned about any images being 'Wishy Washy'.
    I to use other colouring mediums too.
    I wasn't criticising I was just stating that I had Copic's & I like them & why I like them.
    Scrappygran I don t understand why you picked my post, I like yourself, was stating why I havent purchased any of those markers. I never implied that you were criticising anything at all so I am a bit confused. I mentioned wishy washy purely because we are all after bright nicely coloured images and the mith is that if you don t use expensive colouring mediums you don t get bright colours on your work. Monica
    MONICA GALE

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    thanks for all your comments
    sounds like maybe its all down to shading and colouring so
    which markers have alot of shades to do this with
    anyone one know
    off to the NEC in march so doing a bit of research so i know what i am looking for.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Scrapygran. I hope you don't mind me asking but could you tell me who makes the fisher girl stamp. Normally when it come to fishing it is always for males. This is the first time I have seen something for a female. Hopefully one day with alot of practice I might get similar colouring results to you. We can but hope.