Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Always nearly getting there snoopydog's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)

Lightbulb Any room for mobility scooter

Hi there
    Just spent ages reading all your comments on the papercraft show at Harrogate. I have never been to a craft fair before (although once went to dolls house show at Pudsey and was squashed in), anyway what I wanted to know was is there any room for a mobility scooter, as I can't walk very well. I would be willing to hire one for the day - can anyone let me know of anything like this on offer.

Typical phrase: "Ooh I could scrap that!" Nabview's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Hi,
    Don't know anything about hiring them etc (have a look at the Yorkshire Event Centre website, they have an 'Access Guide' which might help).

I went last year and from what I remember there were people in scooters etc there.
    I hope you have a great time - if it is anything like last year there will be plenty to tempt you!!!
    Find me on my blog: Notes on Paper; on Twitter: @notesonpaper and here on Pinterest.

getting through the day relatively unscathed Trubags's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I managed to dodder about on my pair of elbow crutches last year and I saw a few ladies with Rollators and Scooters there. It's quite a big venue with plenty of 'space' at either end where you can sit and enjoy a cuppa. There are disabled toilet facilities and you can park near the entrance if you have mobility probs. There is also LOTS of seating available around the stalls and displays (wooden benches), so it's easy to take the weight off your feet as you look around.

hth!

Starter for 10 CJ
    Themed Photo CJ
    just waiting!

So much to do, so little time... GlitterBug's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I know what you mean about the Pudsey dolls house fair - it's great but a bit of a squash! I've been to the Harrogate paper show a few times now and there will be plenty of room inbetween the stalls for you. The venue did used to be a bit smaller but it's bigger than it used to be - even I get frustrated trying to squeeze in to see all them goodies!

Enjoy!