Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Stash Shopping in Krakow, Poland

DH and I are going to Krakow for a few days (without the kids!) in June. I've been having a look online at places to go but what I haven't noticed is anything stash related! Has anyone been and found any stash shops etc?

Thanks

Elaine

Dedicated Scrapper wedding belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (69)
    Hi

I was there in October and unfortunately could not find shops selling craft materials -However there is some lovely architecture there and lots of interesting places to visit so plenty of photo opportunities for you to scrap after!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Found this , don't know if it is of any help though.

http://www.polishforums.com/craft_st...7_11357_0.html
    Moira - Pink Glitter Girl

The Life of Rory Updated 14/1/10

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I've been to Krakow. Lovely place, very compact, like a mini Prague. It was before my scrapping days so I wasn't on the prowl for stash. They have a central market called the Cloth Hall, you may find some fabric and ribbons there.

Have a great time. Poland's a really interesting country and parts of it are very beautiful.
    Last edited by smarty; 17-02-2008 at 09:47 AM.
    Sam

Scrap and Stickle team member

Choice Words and Tasteful Doings

Dedicated Scrapper wedding belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (69)
    The Cloth Hall is in the middle of the main square but despite it's name it doesn't sell cloth - very good for buying cheap amber though. Didn't see any ribbons there.

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I was born in Krakow but alas not been back in a number of years, and definitely not since I took up scrapping! Last summer I was back in Poland, near Warsaw, and there were a few craft shops where I was staying. The stash was geared more towards traditional card makers. Also no Polish stamps - hopefully they'll come in fashion there again soon as I had a number of stamp sets as a child that were really cute and quirky - hedgehogs, toadstools, little trees, etc.

You may have luck with nice supplies and stationery items in Art shops and shops that cater to school/uni students (they are sometimes part of book shops/large news agents). I used to always stock up on my nice art materials during the summer hols before coming back to school, but my cousin who is a graphic arts student says the prices have rocketed over there for supplies so sometimes asks us to get the odd hard to get item for him...

As a general tip there will possibly be some stalls/shops in the market of the main square and if there are flea markets about you could be in luck for old post cards and prints that would work on LOs depending on your style. There are a lot of children's books from the early 80s that I got as a kid that have amazing illustrations in them and seem to be a popular style of art being mirrored on etsy right now and in prints and patterns in fashion....

But lucky you going to Krakow! Don't forget to check out the silver jewellery, some amazing and trendy designs to be had.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by wedding belle View Post
    The Cloth Hall is in the middle of the main square but despite it's name it doesn't sell cloth - very good for buying cheap amber though. Didn't see any ribbons there.
    It's 10 years since I was last there . They were selling rich brocade fabrics and ribbons and braids on one stall back then.
    Sam

Scrap and Stickle team member

Choice Words and Tasteful Doings

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks for your replies, I knew someone on here would know!

Elaine

Sparkle I live in Poland, but I've never been in Krakow I must sadden you, because probably you won't find many crafts shops. Maybe deqoupage but scrapbooking.... In Warsaw or Wroclaw there are few craftshops. We're buying everything from the West or on webstores.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    watching this thread with interest we are planning to go to Krakow- DH needs to find a dentist there firs though- anyone know a good dentist in Krakow? (He needs implants and we can't afford to have it done here.)
    MY SCRAPPY BLOG MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    THE SCRAPBOOK MAGAZINE DT