Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Help - stop the world I wanna get off!!!! bevb's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)

Printing on transparencies

Has anyone printed onto a transparency? How long will it take to dry? I did use the transparency option on the printer, but it is still rather wet

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I have tried printing on normal acetate.. and there is nothing for the ink to hold on to.. so it stays wet for a long time.. *mine was still wet over 5hrs later* so I have purchased inket printable OHP film.. there is a special surface for the ink to hold on to.. and therefore will dry quicker..

HTH
    Nikki

Help - stop the world I wanna get off!!!! bevb's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    Quote Originally Posted by renniwano View Post
    I have tried printing on normal acetate.. and there is nothing for the ink to hold on to.. so it stays wet for a long time.. *mine was still wet over 5hrs later* so I have purchased inket printable OHP film.. there is a special surface for the ink to hold on to.. and therefore will dry quicker..

HTH
    Nikki
    Wow,didnt realise it would take that long!!! Might have to stick it in the airing cupboard

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    lol the airing cupboard may be a good place.. not sure if it would still smear but worth a try.. I did find this a while back http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...n-acetate.html

but I use Q-connect which is widely available.. don't know if any of the sponsors may stock it..

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    The dye inks from most ink jet printers will take an awful long time to dry onto acetate or laser transparencies if they dry at all - which most will not. If you have pigment inks in your printer you may fair a little better but not much. However if you are using ink-jet printable OHP transparency film like renniwano suggested, it should be dry, but no smudge proof in no more then 15mins depending on the product.

If that is not the case you either have a faulty make of OHP transparency or you are printing on the wrong side - it needs to be the rough side. I use Staples own brand all the time with no problems.

All the best

Simon

Trying to lose weight but it keeps finding me :-( Amanda Marriott's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Someone suggested printing on transparency and then embossing with powder whilst still wet.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    You need to use inkjet transparencies and print ontp the rough side- this could mean printing in reverse, especially if it is text. (Unless you want the rough side uppermost on your LO)
    MY SCRAPPY BLOG MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    THE SCRAPBOOK MAGAZINE DT