Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Hi Everyone!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Hi Everyone!

I'm Maxmara. I've been a member for a few months now and just lurking in the background. Thought it was about time I joined in properly.

A little about myself - I am a cardmaker but very keen to have a go at scrapbooking. So keen, I have everything to hand to scrapbook but haven't yet taken the plunge. Perhaps joining in more on this forum may give the push I need!

I'm looking forward to being more chatty and having fun.

Swaps=Handmade Card Swap

Sanctuary offered to all raffes Lula31's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hello and welcome

My advice would be to join a team. You get to know the members really quickly and they are great for help advice and encouragement. You can always post on here for advice on specific things too.

Looking forward to seeing your first attempts

Lula
    NEW FRIENDS CJ

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Hi MM and welcome to the forum !

If you're not sure where everything is, and you need help getting around, then you could get yourself a cyber mummy via this thread

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...d.php?t=167456

If you click on that main forum, it will show you the 'waiting room' where you can build up your posts until you're able to send private messages etc ....

Failing that, just carry on posting here as I'm sure other people will pop in shortly.

once again, welcome to UKS - and have fun with your scrapping xx

Messy Scrapbooker Mrs_Waddington's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Hiya

I have recently joined too! I started off card making but soon discovered scrapbooking. I loved making cards and although I loved giving them away to other people I also felt a bit sad that I didn't get to keep it! Thats when I found scrapbooking, you get to scrap your memories and usually get to keep it too!!! Its lots of fun! I started off doing a smaller 8x8 album and found that a little less scary than trying to do a 12x12!

I see that you are in Nottingham, I live in Leicester so not too far away!

It's a curly wurly world out there!!!! charlol's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hi I'm Julia
    Just recently joined and have recently bought robo too! So playing lots and getting used to it. How do I know when I can start having a look at the files???
    Thanks
    i.e. (do I get an email saying you can or is it wait for 30 days and check then?)

Messy Scrapbooker Mrs_Waddington's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Ps I like Lula's advice too join a team Scrapdolly started a team on the 5th Feb and we are still looking for team members so why not join us. We might still be a small group but we are all very nice!!!!

So many photos, so little time USA2UK's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Maxmara, you've come to the right place. I found this forum just as I wanting to get started scrapbooking but hadn't quite worked up the courage; this site was the perfect motivation to take the plunge, as you say Once you've done your first it's a lot less scary

Looking forward to seeing your work

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks eveyone for your warm welcome and advice. My sister is in Blooming Pages and she's the one who has encouraged me to join in. Thanks Mrs Waddington for the invitation but I think I'll wait a bit longer to join a team - considering I haven't even put a scrapbooking page together yet I can't say I'm worthy (not yet anyway)

Swaps=Handmade Card Swap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I'm new as well but having a chest infection over Christmas meant that I could spend time surfing the net looking at a variety of web sites. I bookmarked those I liked and then followed up links from Gallery lay outs that I liked - its surprising how quickly you gain ideas and information. I sketched layouts and techniques that appealed to me and then went to my local stores (lucky here in East Lancs with quite a bit of choice) and bought basic supplies for some 6x6 albums that I was giving as presents. I've also enrolled on a couple of one day courses and I'm off to the Harrogate event to look around. With all that under my belt I'm then going to start doing some family 12x12 pages, taking it slowly but joining in with a local group occasionally for support + any one day crops that get organised. Its surprisingly addictive and I need to watch my spending but I've already met, and made contact with, a lot of like minded people. I've got my posts up by responding to other posts or by asking questions - they are a very fast,responsive lot here on UKS. Enjoy what you do.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Hurray MM-you've finally arrived!
    Get those posts up by chatting. You know it's what you're good at!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for the inspiration Rozalia - you've certainly set out your goals! Well Kitty, you're not bad yourself particularly when we get onto cardmaking and scrapbooking. Now that I've talked the talk I must walk the walk

Swaps=Handmade Card Swap