Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Flatbed scanner

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)

Flatbed scanner

I need to buy a basic flatbed scanner- I have an HP PSC which is fine except that it is hinged along a long side rather than a short which makes scanning 12x12 LO's almost impossible AND the scanner doesn't talk to Vista.

Can anyone recommend one please? It has to be hinged along a short side and compatible with both Windows Vista and Mac. I just want it to scan photos and LO's. It needn't come with too much fancy software as I have PSE5

Thanks!

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    I've never got the hang of scanning 12x12 LO's I think it's miles easier to just photograph them and scan smaller ones. You should be able to get new Vista drivers for your printer/scanner. Have a look on the HP homepage and follow the links, I'll find it for you............
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/uk/en/...isplay=drivers
    Leo

Mad Cat Person!!! EmilyLovedHim's Avatar
    aka Bagpuss so in the shop window of course!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    OOO I want a scanner too so will watch with interest!
    Helen
    MY BLOG
    >^..^<Gottachat CJ >^..^<.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyPrincess View Post
    I've never got the hang of scanning 12x12 LO's I think it's miles easier to just photograph them and scan smaller ones. You should be able to get new Vista drivers for your printer/scanner. Have a look on the HP homepage and follow the links, I'll find it for you............
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/uk/en/...isplay=drivers
    Thank you for taking the trouble to do this but I've already tried upgrading the software and the scanner still doesn't work. (it works with my mac laptop so I know it's software rather than hardware) I prefer to scan LO's because it's usually evening when I scrap and if I photograph them I find the colours are not right under the lighting in the room where I work.(something to do with low energy light bulbs I think!) It takes me a lot less work to stitch together two scanned images than to get the colours right on a photo where the colour temperature is off!! PSE isn't a mac program so I can't do the obvious and scan to the laptop!