Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Question How can I combine these?

I have three "beach-y" themed papers (I hope I can attach them) - one sky, one sand and one waters edge & sand - which I'd like to scrap our last Summers vacation on. Trouble is, I feel, is that they don't match. Don't flow. Doesn't look like a coordinated layout when all put together. Even though the snaps are obviously all the same vacation. The playing in the sand pics look great on the sandy one and the playing at the waters edge look good, individually, on the waters edge one etc.. but they look such a mess together. It's going to be a 8 page layout in the end.

How would you "tie" the three different papers together making them look as if they all belong to the same layout/story, rather than a higgeldy piggildy mess. I hope you know what I'm trying to say/ask!

Lottie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tunny-Farr, a Maori word for a mythical beastie thing. Taniwha's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I think they go together, and if you use the same type of embellishments and titles, it'll look fab Maybe sequin waste under the photos and the same font for the titles. And maybe if you do something cool with the photos and cut them into strips or something like that? Like I did on this LO here. Have fun and I bet they look great when you're done
    ~~Rachel~~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    cant you paper tear strips and add a bit of one to the other ????
    Try inking L/Os to tie them in
    or use the two blue ones together as a double page and the sandy one on the next page as a SLO ,
    Perhaps when youve used the same kind of titles and embellishments on all three they will tie in together better ! , im not picture papers fan too much but hope my ideas have helped ????

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    I would paper tear as well ... the tears would look like waves then or textures in the sand.

Maybe incorporate some string, shells (stamped and/or real) ... micro beads as the sand ....

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    I think it's because the photo paper is very bold, I'd break it up with some plain card, I think just white card even would work, you could always ink the edges with some blue etc if it looked too harsh. You could the bring it back in to the photos with some beachy embellishments so they look like they're coming out from the background paper. If you've got a bold photo background and you're putting the same type/coloured photos on it's always going to look like they're floating around, if you know what I mean?
    I'd even be tempted to tear that sandy one up in strips and assemble it back on your page to make it less flat and give it some texture. If you're adding the same colour of card to each page that'll bring them together too.
    Leo

View Gallery

Ooh - I think I've learned to attach pics!

This is kind of what I wanted to do with them (before matting and embellis etc..)
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

My you gals are quick! Whilst uploading the pics I got 4 replies! Thanks - now I'll read them!

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Ohh now I can see what you mean with the sandy one it looks really good just as it is. I think you can get away with them like that. Are you adding a title? That could be a way of making them flow together, maybe covering some chipboard alphas with sand/glitter and spreading the title out so one word is on each page?
    Leo

View Gallery

Thanks everyone, I think it is going to havve to be the journaling and the titles and embellies that hold everything together.
    Jay60120: I too hate photo papers, but in this case, I had them and thought finally I could use them - I kind of liked the wave on photo integrated with the wave on the picture.
    As I'm kind of new to all this.... forgive my asking....
    Taniwah - What's "sequin waste?" I've got sequins in greens somewhere - I'll have to dig them out!
    Histerical - how do you attach micro-beads without gooping glue everywhere? Can you recommend a glue really dries clear? I like this idea (and can use it with a sequin combi)
    Crafty Princess - yup - spreading the title sounds good as does the sandy chipboard. Thanks.
    Back to the drawing board! Gotta crop the pics first!
    Thanks y'all!

View Gallery

Lottie - I would use diamond glaze/anitas ... carefully drop a few drops onto the area where you want the micro beads ... use a paper piercer to spread the glue to exactly where you want the beads, then carefully drop the beads down onto the glue .. use the piercer again to move the beads around ... that should do the trick.

View Gallery

So that's how you do it! Thanks for the useful tips. I'm grumpy because I had to clear the table and pack away because visitors came round. Oh, how I crave for my own crafting space. Preferably a whole room about the size of my apartment. I'm definatly going for beads and sequins. I have a load which are the deep green water colour and really match. Never used beads before... I couldn't pick up the project yesterday or today - looks like Tuesday now. grumpf. grumpf!!!! Wish I could retreat someplace!

View Gallery

Awwwww .... I have a tiny little scrapping space, but its mine all mine !!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Sequin waste is the strip of shiny paper full of holes left when all the sequins have been punched out. You can usually get it really cheap in the children's crafty bits in places like Wilkinsons or Early Learning Centre.

Tunny-Farr, a Maori word for a mythical beastie thing. Taniwha's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Sorry Lottie, I didn't see your question till now but Yizz is right, that's what sequin waste is. I have used it on this LO here (it's the red stuff uder the title) and this one too, it's the black stuff under the title on that one.
    ~~Rachel~~