Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I've been to artbase a few times when visiting freinds in london and have t say you won't be dissapointed if you make the trip.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by egratsia View Post
    So, where do YOU go Kit to browse through Scrapstuff ... I'm asking because I'll be in London for 3 days in April! LOL
    Eleni I would agree with the girls about artbase, but IMHO it is a LONG way out of central London on the tube, probably an hour at least then a 15 min walk or shorter bus ride (I dont have a car so it seems long!!). If you are coming in during April and coinciding with Ally Pally I would try there as your first port of call as its closer to central london (zone 3 rather than zone 6 for artbase).

All that being said Artbase is fab, and thinking about it on a recent visit to NY I not only trekked out to AC Moores in New Jersey, but also to Michaels in Queens. Lets face we do some nutty stuff for our craft, so trekking out to Artbase is probably worth it after all!!!

PS. Can someone please set up a scrap shop in central london with all the scrappers coming through London there has to be a customer base for it ...... dreaming I know!
    Kate

my blog

Team Leader of the ScrappyDappyDoos!! egratsia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Kit, my trip is 2 weeks after Ally Pally ... what can I say, our Easter is late this year!!! LOL I'm coming over on my Easter holiday ... One day I hope to make it to Ally Pally but has to correspond with work ... Ha, living in Athens I think an hour journey is nothing!

Will definitely go to Artbase ... as I do a lot of my online shopping there as well!
    Eleni - [Press my name to get to my blog]

Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister and share love like a friend. !

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I am sure you will find more than enough to fill your bags with at artbase and you won't have to run the gauntlet of pushy shoppers at ally pally. Maybe start planning an ally pally trip for september???
    Kate

my blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I was up in London today and popped into the huge paperchase, it is so so lush!

They had a very small amount of SEI papers and embeliishments which I was very surprised to see, a good selction of stamps etc. If you are a cardmaker they have card blanks and envelopes etc.

I know its not a proper scrapbook shop, but I love it for all the staionary, cards, postcards, etc etc.

I always find some lovely bits in there that I use in scrapbooking, stickers, clips, boxes and bags for stash storages, postcards for LOs!

It's very close to Oxford St and worth popping if in if you don't have a local paperchase store!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    There are a couple of nice art shops that don't sell scrapbooking materials, but do sell various bits that can be useful, cutting mats, plain coloured card, Khadi paper ( I love that stuff!), paints... that sort of thing.

I'm guessing I can't say names though.

Collector of pretty things Samm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Artbase is just fab! just been there the two times but I found more things I wanted there than at Ally Pally, they have all the latest funky stuff in stock too. I haven't been to Imagine though. I work in London but tend to order online

View Gallery

Well I'm hoping to get to Artbase when I'm in London in about 2 weeks! I'm really looking forward to it!!

Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister and share love like a friend. !

Mad Cat Person!!! EmilyLovedHim's Avatar
    aka Bagpuss so in the shop window of course!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I have not been there yet but will do one of these days! Have a super time Eleni!
    Helen
    MY BLOG
    >^..^<Gottachat CJ >^..^<.

View Gallery

Thanks Helen ... plan to really enjoy shopping this trip round!!!

If you love life, life will love you back podgy lodgy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Charmed cards and crafts one of the sponsors
    http://www.charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/index.html
    are in London SE20 according to their web site.
    Has anyone visited the store? I am planning of call in when I am up in London. Someone told me it is not far from Crystal Palace.

Mad Cat Person!!! EmilyLovedHim's Avatar
    aka Bagpuss so in the shop window of course!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    There is another store in Dulwich that is worth a visit if you are out that way - think it is Puffin Crafts.
    Helen
    MY BLOG
    >^..^<Gottachat CJ >^..^<.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by podgy lodgy View Post
    Charmed cards and crafts one of the sponsors
    http://www.charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/index.html
    are in London SE20 according to their web site.
    Has anyone visited the store? I am planning of call in when I am up in London. Someone told me it is not far from Crystal Palace.
    Did you read the fine print? It's only online I think!

Please note that the above address is office only. Products are stored in our warehouse elsewhere. We cannot therefore accommodate casual callers.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by helenmurp View Post
    There is another store in Dulwich that is worth a visit if you are out that way - think it is Puffin Crafts.
    Yes, have already contacted them, and have received directions about how to find them! LOL

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Hi Eleni - if you go to Artbase, get off at emmerson Park and NOT Hornchurch - its only a few mins walk from there and its on the green tube line. I hope that helps.

I can strongly recommend the shop (along with everyone else). I work in the area and spend far too much money in there! Margaret and Jon (and all the staff actually) are very very helpful and they really do have the latest stash. Happy Shopping and hope you have a nice London visit x