Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

Solution to the problem!

Smax, ever the technical expert, has a solution which will, I think, be the best one.

Here is how it will work:

1. We will post a thread that contains a link to an email request form for access.

2. It will include T&C info about the template downloads, prohibiting them from being re-packaged or sold. This email will include UKS user name and mailling address.

3. The email notify me to add that user to a special Robo Download user group. Only that user group will have access to the template download forum. This means that even if someone were to create a new user name they would not be able to access the forum, nor will they be able to share the access on any group or via email.

At least initially this will be a massive amount of work for Smax and I, and more work for me on an ongoing basis (although I hope this will tail off once the main group of people get access) but it seems the most secure way to do things.

We can't limit this to 30-day membership as we can't do both - and Smax and I feel that allowing access manually will be a tighter control. Making it 30-day member means automatically after 30 days people would get access.

Also, and Smax is testing this right now, but I have to scoot off for Maddie's Riding for the Disabled party in 5 mins. and wanted to get this out ASAP so I may have it wrong, non members will see the template titles only, not any of the attachment images. Right Smax just Skyped me that this is true - all members can see the forum, see that there are attchaments, but not see the images and not download the GSDs.

As to uploads you DO NOT need to have access to upload (although why people would do that I don't know ) although without access you won't be able to see the images.

Smax is working on the email form now, and I hope to have it sorted maybe even later today - I hope you all feel this is the best solution (we do, given the limitations of the vB software) and that it will make people feel secure enough to re-add their templates back in to UKS!

SMAX
    Just to add that with this control in place UKS admin will know at any time who has access to download the templates. If any are then stolen from now on we will know that only a smaller group has download rights and can narrow down the person from this smaller list.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    Many, many thanks to Mary Anne and SMAX for all their hard work in sorting this out for us

View Gallery

I should add that this, combined with what Lucille is trying to sort out with Graphtec regarding a patch that allows us to add a non-removable copyright notice (if it can be done, I stress!) to the GSDs should thwart the thieves with larceny on their minds!

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks to you and Smax for all your hard work.

View Gallery

Thank you all so much, as I know it must be alot of work for you all, on our behalf. Hugs Iris xx
    What you create today, someone will treasure tomorrow!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Thank you for your hard work, which is saving a very valuable resource for us all.

View Gallery

UKS has a vested interest in dong this - we have been proud of the designers work that has been shared, happy to host the templates and the downloads, proud, too, of the willingness of the talented to help along those who feel more tentative about designing, and their being willing to share tutorials and offline help. We are disgusted at the low behaviour of some who nearly ruined it for all.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    You are quite amazing This will be so much work and I am sure we are very grateful for all you are doing to protect the wonderful designers here,
    hugs,

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thankyou

Thankyou so much for trying to sort this out.

I, like a lot of others, haven't made any templates yet, just need loads more time to learn.

But for the ones who have spoilt all this, I say " Thankyou for spoiling all this for others". Hope they got a lot of satisfaction & feel good about the money in their pockets, due to the loads of hard work put in by others, who were so kind to share with us.

It makes me so angry!!

View Gallery

I would like to say this is what makes UKscrappers so great ....the people behind it CARE. At the end of the day you could have done nothing but I know how hard you must have worked on this and so fast. I for one would like to say thanks to you and everyone who has helped with this. XXX

Dedicated Scrapper jackiestuart's Avatar
    View Gallery

This is great news, thank you to all involved in sorting this out, Hopefully this will put an end to anything like this ever happening again.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marybee View Post
    Thankyou so much for trying to sort this out.

I, like a lot of others, haven't made any templates yet, just need loads more time to learn.

But for the ones who have spoilt all this, I say " Thankyou for spoiling all this for others". Hope they got a lot of satisfaction & feel good about the money in their pockets, due to the loads of hard work put in by others, who were so kind to share with us.

It makes me so angry!!
    You and me both!

I would just like to say how sorry I am that you have all had to work so very hard...remember though that 'what goes round comes round'! (and I wish it in great measure!!!)

more like a desecrated than dedicated crafter at times pipers's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thank you - at least the work of the designers will be safe now -

She

Oh to have a mirror like this!! eccles's Avatar
    View Gallery

I would like to echo what others have said.

I too am very grateful for all the hard work everyone has put into sorting this out.

I am always in awe of the work produced by some amazing designers. who share their files so generously with the UKS community. I was appalled (although sadly not surprised) that there were individuals out there that would abuse that generosity!

I'm sorry that their selfishness has meant such a lot of work for others.

Thank you Everyone!