Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    JeanE
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Oh dear, why it is a couple of scum bags spoil the pleasure of so many. JeanE

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

This is disgraceful, behaviour by person or persons unknown, I have been recently looking on google for free backing papers, I have bought from well known auction site in the past, and guess what I saw papers I had bought on cd available for free!!! I will not buy in future from well known site.... how about as someone suggested as on the last thread I think it was with gentleflowers problem we pm you very clever people with someway of showing we are genuine?
    My deepest sympathy to all you designers out there and too for us who are not so clever.
    June

View Gallery

I am also very sorry that this has happened. I do not have the creativity or skill to make some of the amazing files I have gained from here. Without the generosity of the talented people on here poor Robo would not have had much use.

As for banning the member(s) concerned, that is hard. I am an administrator to another site and I have no way of knowing if the last 5 members are the same person....except for the really thick ones!!! We also have a problem with people taking designs and selling them as their own. Unfortunately we haven't come up with a solution...sorry.

It is very sad that a couple of people ruin it for everyone else.

Wendy
    Last edited by Winnie; 02-12-2007 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Spelling issues

Dedicated Scrapper thecountryrose's Avatar
    View Gallery

With great regret, I too, have removed my files from here because my designs also made it to both cd's. I think I got them all anyway. I don't know what else we can do. We make our designs to share, not for some snake to make a living on our freely shared work.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I cannot believe the gall of some people. It's shocking, really.

There is unfortunately little UKS can do to stop unscrupulous theives from downloading templates and reselling them. And while I am personally gutted that these common criminals have ruined the library of templates we had built up here, thanks to the talented members of UKS who were willing to share, I cannot blame any member who removes their templates.

Legally UKS is not the wronged party, as the templates are not our intellectual property, UKS is just the mechanisim for storing and dowloading. I wish it were possible to do more than ban them from the site.

I promise to have a long chat with Smax and see if there is ANY way we can ensure the safety of the templates on behalf of members.

View Gallery

It is a sorry time for us all.

Linda
    Last edited by gentleflower; 02-12-2007 at 09:09 AM.
    A member of Just Cutters - Against Copyright Infringement
    New to UKS? Need Help? Go Here

Cath
    View Gallery

I am also one of those people who doesn?t desogn my own templates although I am hoping to try soon but I think it is terrible what people will do these days. Why is it that we feel we cant trust anybody anymore. I will truly miss all your templates and I hope that something can be done to stop this happening. Maybe name and shame would be a good thinh, Cath.x.x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Even though I han't used the CR forum for a while, when I initially got my CR I did download a few templates and I also learnt an awful lot from the members here.

I am very sorry that this has happened and that in future new CR users won't benefit as I did from the free templates.

I totally understand why you have removed your templates and I am sorry that you have had to. Totally unfair on you all
    Heather
    No more swaps, in fact if I ask to join a swap please say NO
    "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolC View Post
    Oh nhow awful. This is disgusting and whoever they are should be totally ashamed of themselves.

Time they were named and shamed I reckon.

I can't blame you for not wanting to share your files, but what a shame. we all lose out due to the selfishness and greed of a shameless thief.

I am so sorry that this has happened to you Erika.
    Well said i dont have a robo but love looking at all the lovely templates such a shame its all had to come to this but yes i do belive its time to NAME AND SHAME

Dedicated Scrapper catnip queen's Avatar
    View Gallery

I am so sorry to hear that there has been another case of this thievery, especially more concerning that it is someone who is a member of this site. I am truly disappointed to hear that several of the templates have been removed, but can understand why you talented folks are doing this. Words fail me in trying to understand this person's actions, or trying to convey how angry the stealing and selling of others' work makes me.

I agree, name and shame the person. Name and shame their ebay selling name too.

CQ
    x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have only posted a few times as I only recently bought my Robo, but I also think this is disgusting. Why do people have to spoil things for other people - it is so sad that they have to steal other peoples hard work and sell it off as their own.

I totally understand the people who have taken their templates off the forum, and I don't blame you at all. It is just such a pitty that this person/persons can not be brought to justice.

Hopefully they will get their dew rewards and good luck to the person who is taking legal action (sorry I can't remember your name just now).

Ad
    Last edited by craftyad; 02-12-2007 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelling error

Dedicated Scrapper catnip queen's Avatar
    View Gallery

PS. Will you lovely talented ladies still do the tutorials please? That way, if you have a scrummy design or technique (like countryrose with the filigree), then we can learn how to do it ourselves and create our own templates? I, for one, would love to learn how to do my own, and progress beyond motifs that are made out of putting crude shapes together (cute as these may be). Or beyond just tracing pictures.

Thanks,

CQ

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I agree with everyone, its disgusting and they should be
    Named and Shamed.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I have been given info on the person in question. I've banned her from the site and sent an email:

We have been given info to suggest that you have downloaded templates from UKS then re-packaged them and sold them on CDs via eBay. We are looking in to this. While we do, you have been banned from UKS.

We will be making a formal suspected fraud report to eBay later today, so they can begin their own investigation.

Be aware that the members of UKS who have had templates downloaded and sold are discussing banding together to institute legal action.

Feel free to get back to me if you feel this accusation is an error or if there is any info you feel I need to be aware of, but if you have downloaded templates members of UKS have posted for free download, for personal use, then repackaged and sold them this is a direct violation of the stated rules for use of the template forum and something we take very, very seriously. UKS will fully comply with requests for information stemming from any legal action taken against anyone who is proven to have done this.

Mary Anne Walters

View Gallery

I feel very gutted that another low life has stolen the beautiful templates shared by our generous members and quite understand why those members feel is necessary to remove their contributions. Like everyone else I have learnt a lot from everyone and while I not used many of the templates I have been inspired to learn how to make my own. I do hope that pictures of finished project will continue to be shared.
    I have had my Robo just over a year now and I have really enjoyed being part of this forum and seeing how everyone's skill has developed over this time, this inspiration from each other has been a lifesaver to us all.
    I just hope that the thieves can be named and shamed at some time.
    Lynne