Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Look out, Look out, there's a thief (thieves) about!!!!

Hi all,

I thought the theft and selling of 37 of my files on a CD was bad. A CD which was created by a member of UKS and sold on the well known site.

As I don't "work", due to severe OA and Parkinson's, the small income I have from designing and selling my files is a welcome bonus.

For somebody to abuse my, and others, kindness, by stealing is despicable.

I have just seen a second CD, created by another member of UKS, with even more files stolen from here. It is also being sold on that site.

Having looked at the new CD, it's more a case of which template from UKS isn't on there and being sold. Virtually everyone who has submitted a file to UKS is being abused by this member.

I for one will be concentrating on designing files for my business. I am no longer willing to line someone elses pockets by supplying free templates to UKS members.

Sorry folks, but unless some action can be taken against these thieves, hopefully with the backing of UKS, my templates stay on my PC.

ErikaP

imprisoned in a house full of glitter and glue in scotland
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I had a feeling you would do this Erika, they will miss you far more that they will miss me, you are one of the best designers on here. I am afraid I felt I had to delete all of my templates that were already on here as well.

Take lots of care,

Mr Bean (Wayne Cornwall)

View Gallery

Oh nhow awful. This is disgusting and whoever they are should be totally ashamed of themselves.

Time they were named and shamed I reckon.

I can't blame you for not wanting to share your files, but what a shame. we all lose out due to the selfishness and greed of a shameless thief.

I am so sorry that this has happened to you Erika.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    What a flipping shame.

How are these people getting away with it ? Why is there no protection ?

Sorry, i'm not a Robo user yet, but I know without you Erika helping people, then techno-phobes like me, would be at a loss as to what to do !

I'm so very sorry that this has happened to you.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolC View Post
    Time they were named and shamed I reckon.
    I couldn't agree more ! If they were publically humiliated then it might see an end to their thieving.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

If a member of UK scrappers is doing this - I agree they should be named and shamed AND banned.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Quote Originally Posted by craftydoc View Post
    If a member of UK scrappers is doing this - I agree they should be named and shamed AND banned.
    I agree!! I dont have a craft robo.... dare i say it i am a cricut owner ... but i just cant believe the gall of some people copying from uks and selling it!!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by craftydoc View Post
    If a member of UK scrappers is doing this - I agree they should be named and shamed AND banned.[/QUOTE]
    Yes, surely the moderators have their details and could ban them I appreciate that it doesn't make it impossible for them to re-join under a different name, say, but surely if they knew that someone was on to them and it was made more difficult it may be a deterrent. Can they be named legally? If Erika has proof that it is a UKS person who is doing this despicable thing, then it is hardly likely that they would sue.

Why can't this talentless person go and earn a lawful living like the rest of us?!

Hugs, Carol xxxx

View Gallery

they would only be able to ban the person if they could find out what their UKS name was, and then they would probably just rejoin under a different guise.

I know MaryAnne talked about it the other week when the first theif was discovered

imprisoned in a house full of glitter and glue in scotland
    View Gallery

At least TWO different people that we are aware of, leaving copyright information still on the file, downloading them to a CD, selling on a market place site, and making a fortune - this is your templates fowks that are being stolen !!!!!!!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    I cant believe this has happened again !!!! lost for words at the minute
    love n stuff
    Frances
    xxx

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MrJennieBean View Post
    At least TWO different people that we are aware of, leaving copyright information still on the file, downloading them to a CD, selling on a market place site, and making a fortune - this is your templates fowks that are being stolen !!!!!!!!!
    They are not my templates, as I am not clever enough to do what some of you can do. If it wasn't for the kindness and generosity of people like you who have shared your templates with people like me, I would have little use for my poor robo.

It is a flippin' shame and I really hope that there is something that can be done about it.
    Carol.

View Gallery

I agree it is a awful thing to do I would be lost without all the help you all have given me, I do hope there is something you can do about it x jo x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Well that's definitely me out. Sorry folks, I know I've not posted new stuff in a while as I'd had this happen to me three times already and this is the fourth.
    So I'll be going through and deleting my files.
    I'm sorry for the new members but my advice would be - in future don't upload the file, just the picture; this just isn't worth the hassle. There is no way of stopping these people, so if you don't want others making money from your work don't give them the means.
    Susibi

View Gallery

I removed mine a few weeks ago, even before all this kicked off

Have always been a firm believer that it's better to advise someone how to make templates themselves rather than just post them what they want

I'm sure there have been people here requesting files to order, the old story of - I've only had my robo a few days but need to urgently make a template and I don't know how to - a little while later someone has taken pity on them and posted a file.