Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Easy Christmas card for children

My 6 year old son wants to make christmas cards for his friends this year, but his attention span is quite short. Does anyone have any good ideas for some easy cards -where I can use some of my stash up - for him to make. Pictures would be great

Many thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    do you have many christmas stamps? my 2 children love stamping then there is the colouring using gel pens, glitter, crayons, inks glue on pom pom and confetti etc it can also be left and picked up again at any point - my son helped me to make lots yesterday we had lots of fun - also using all the scraps to stamp onto.
    Amanda

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

If he has a lot to make you could get him to draw one and then photocopy onto white card and then colour. glitter or decorate as he wishes.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    How about some die cut christmas trees that he could just stick down and then glitter. I ve not got any kiddies so not very good I m afraid
    MONICA GALE

Do you have a machine that you could use embossing folders in, you could cut a template of a xmas tree, run it through say the cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder or divine swirl works good, a couple of sticky pads on the back stick to a card, you could add a greeting peel off if you like card done.

This is only ok if you have a machine and embossing folders. I know The Range do some very cheap kits cause my sister bought my newphew some.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

My nephew is almost 6 and I 'help' him make his cards. Trouble is he wants to cover every single bit of the card, inside and out, back and front, so he needs a bit of direction. His colouring is quite accurate so I normally stamp images for him, cut them out and he decorates them. He loves using bright card, so I get some primary coloured card (it is cheap in places like WHS), cut it into C6 cards or 5'' square cards and make him some mats. He is good with double sided tape and foam pads and also a glue pen or glue stick. I pefer him to use a glue pen and glue stick though as it is less messy.

Once he has decorated his stamp he is quite able to do the matting and layering himself and he loves foam pads, sticky back ribbon, gems and sequins. We sometimes stamp onto shrink plastic too and shrink it in the oven.

If you had a nice easy stamp, like a biggish snowman, you could stamp the images for him and give him a glue pen, a couple of felt pens and some glitter or pom poms to decorate.

Peel offs and die cut shapes are also good for kids. I buy little wooden santas, angels, snowmen, reindeers etc for the kids to make cards with. I don't like them using my stash!

Some 12 inch papers cut up ,a peel of greeeting and some glitter make good cards too. If your wee boy is anything like my nephew he will like sparkle and lots of it!

Another idea is for him to make his own line drawing, then you photocopy it onto white card and he colours and decorates his own drawing and mats and layers it onto a card blank.

good luck!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    made some with my little sister last year. Just cut a snowman from white card then decorated with rolled tissue for coals/ felt, odd material for scarves etc made a selection of hats from felt and foam carrot noses. then tuck them onto different coloured cards some of them we put a later of snow by cutting from white card. you can add sequin snowflakes/stars for the sky etc. Because each snowman was different they looked really good and she didn't get bored of making them

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I've printed some santa heads off from an online site for DD which need the details filling in. I then plan to glue the decorated heads to plain white cards. I'll help her glue sequins/cotton wool etc on them (she's 2.5 so they'll be a bit 'different' lol). If you don't have Xmas stamps and are not keen to cut your own shapes you could google xmas colouring in shapes or something - that's how I found mine (sorry I'd pm you the site but I can't remember it and I'm not at home to look in the history on my pc!!).
    My blogaroonie: Patsy's Little Blog

Collector of pretty things Samm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    What about a gingerbread man shaped card, where they decorate them with pens?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

We have classes of thirty and a son who doesnt use a writing implement.
    I got him to design a piccie and then did a mail merge for all the kiddies names and his siggie etc!

Dedicated follower of stashing lala28's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (136)
    Asda have 10 templataes at 97p , like you can use on windows , just thinking of using them with some chalks
    Lynne x
    Swaps & CJ's
    Christmas tag swap

View Gallery

Wow, so many ideas - thank you. I don't have a die cutting machine --- yet ! (cuttlebug is on my christmas list, fingers crossed DH reads it !) but I definately have lots of ideas now

Thank you all

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Also - 3 lolly sticks, 2 eyes, one pom pom (red) - bit of ribbon and its a Rudolph!