Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    there seem to be a hell of a lot of people on ebay who have personal family tragedies - the amount of times I've read on the ebay forums about excuses like someones died, or they are in Intensive Care, or my husband ran off with his best friend

There are plently of posts here in the Robo section saying about copyright, others have posted asking permission if they can use peoples templates and some files actually say if they can be used for selling etc.

There is no excuse for this seller, it's just plain theft.

Makes you wonder if the decoupage cd's they were also selling were copies/scans of sheets you can download or buy in the shops

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Linda - that's awful Some people have absolutely no conscience at all.

I, for one, am grateful for the brilliant designs shared on this forum. As a complete beginner, I couldn't begin to design my own and to be honest, don't think I'll ever get to the skill level of some of you.

As for selling them - disgusting doesn't describe it

Hope "it" gets its just deserts.

Pauline x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Really hope you can get this sorted out without too much hassle! It's scary what people do.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

oh and I wonder how long it will take for a new member to register here and come along and defend the seller.

Maybe the files section should be made like the community section of this forum, that people can only access it if they have a certain number of posts in this main part

Then when the files section becomes active perhaps an automatical email or private message could be sent reminding people about copyright etc

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I will be updating the FAQ to make a much stronger point that just because the templates are posted here (or anywhere for that matter) and made downloadable for free it does NOT mean there is no copyright on them, and it does NOT mean that they can be downloaded, repackaged and sold.

The entire copyright issue is so complex and people don't really understand it. The rules are not generally the same from country to country, but even so it should be clear to anyone who gives it more than 2 seconds thought that downloading someone elses work and selling it as your own is a no no.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank You Linda for bring this to the attention of the forumn and also to the person who let you know and a Thank You to MaryAnne for the work shes going to do updating the faq - all of us appreciate it.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just read through the 5 pages of postings re this. The person involved must be entirely without any moral scruples at all and to bring a family bereavement into it to try and stir up sympathy for herself is absolutely despicable. This forum is such a wonderful source of help, information and advice for beginners like me who rely upon the expertise and kindness of those gifted and talented ladies (and gents) who share their templates with us. I hope that this person is named and shamed - how arrogant to think she can reap financial rewards from someone else's hard work and get away with it. Here's hoping for a successful outcome to this sorry affair.
    Sylvia

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by etui22 View Post
    Thank You Linda for bring this to the attention of the forumn and also to the person who let you know and a Thank You to MaryAnne for the work shes going to do updating the faq - all of us appreciate it.
    Thanks MaryAnne and thanks to whoever it was that made this a happy result, if you get any hassle from the member contact me. I just want to say whats right is right and will bend over backwards to get it sorted.
    Alan (Gf better half)
    A member of Just Cutters - Against Copyright Infringement
    New to UKS? Need Help? Go Here

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just been on the named site and it seems that the cd's are no longer for sale, hope the person selling them is disgusted with themselves and is brought to justice.

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

Hi LInda

I have had someone saying my design was hers and it is really annoying, she knows i know who she is and thats enough for me, i can imagine how you are feeling. I never post templates because of things that have happened in the past,which sometimes can make me unpopular, but hey thats life, i am happy to share and i often help with designs but i always get them to pm me and then i will send template happily that way i know who has had access to my files and on the other foot i usually pm and ask if i can use a template.
    I know this is an awful way to be, but once bitten. The majority on UKS are nice genuine people but as in anything you always get a few bad apples. Not knowing the copyright laws is no defence in my eyes.
    Your designs are stunning and know how much work goes into them, anyone can cut a template but it takes a special person to design them, you in my eyes are a very special and talented person.
    Stick to your guns girl we are all behind you.

Love
    witchy
    xxxxx

Robo lover!!!
    View Gallery

I agree with everything that has been said on here and think it is such a shame that this has happened. I wouldnot have been able to use my Robbie at all if it hadn't been for all the wonderful help I have had from folks on here. I like so many people that bought Robo was so ready to give it away, but everyone here encouraged me to perserve and I did and now am even designing my own templates. So a big thank you to you all and Linda I hope you get a good result on this one.
    Sandra

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

My first thought was "name and shame" but I see why it is not possible.I bought a CD off e bay with 100 templates on it but they all seem to be original.I will have another look.It is a despicable thing to do especially if it puts designers off posting templates as I for one cannot design my own and am so grateful for the ones I get in the group.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh dear it's happened again. the same happened to me a while back I contacted the seller, got an apology and the CD in question was removed. I left it at that - for every one we see there's another few round the corner.
    Susibi
    Oh and the excuse given was that they were just 'selling files they'd been given by a friend and didn't know they were copyrighted..' My files were some of the freebies I'd posted on the site I work with. Sad. Go Linda - we're right behind you.
    Last edited by susibi; 15-11-2007 at 03:32 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper jackiestuart's Avatar
    View Gallery

Why oh why do people do this sort of thing,they must know that before long they will be found out. Now they have to live with the consequences.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by susibi View Post
    Oh and the excuse given was that they were just 'selling files they'd been given by a friend and didn't know they were copyrighted..' My files were some of the freebies I'd posted on the site I work with. Sad. Go Linda - we're right behind you.

Oh yeah !!!! Poor excuse - if you haven't designed the file you don't have the ownership of the copywrite. Fact. Pure and simple!

Ruthan x

There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate!