Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

?blunt or damaged blade

Have just had to order new blade, as mine is refusing to cut. I haven't used my robo on anything thicker than canford paper (not even been brave enough to cut bazzill) and not used it more than 20 times! Not very happy ... this is an expensive toy!
    Has anyone got graphtecs telephone number (can't seem to find it onthe site)
    Cheers

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi, I found the Graphtec tel.no for you, it's 01978 666700, at least that is the number printed on my invoice for the DesignMaster program I bought recently. Although it is expensive to buy another blade I do recommend you do so because I think it is good to have a spare.

In the mean time you can sharpen your existing blade. Fold a large sheet of tin foil into a wad, remove your blade from the machine and the cap from the holder. Now CAREFULLY remove the blade by gently pulling it out of the holder. You can leave the cap on if you like but I personally prefer to take it out. Gently pass the blade over the wad of foil as if you want to cut lines. The cutting action through the foil sharpens the blade. If it is very blunt you might have to do this quite a few times. You can check your progress by having some waste card, making a cut before you sharpen then making a cut each time you think the blade might be sharp enough.

I generally sharpen my blade every half dozen times ir so that I cut. Hope this helps

View Gallery

Thanx so much. Going to abandon the cleaning up now and try to sharpen the blade!!
    This blooming robo is certainly a learning curve (not to mention a financial drain!!!) But I really appreciate your input! Cheers

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

wash your mouth out girl, you almost used the h wordlol

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    In general, unless you've damaged it, your blade should last much longer than 20 or so cuts. Do make sure that when you put it in the Robo that it is set in and locked correctly. Also check that you don't have any fluff/bits around the blade as this could prevent it from rotating properly.

Rosemary

View Gallery

It doesn't look damaged, but it's so small it's hard to see, even with my contacts in! (try not to wear them when doing housework, then everything looks very clean!!) can't see any fluffy bits, still trying the tin foil to sharpen it, but not with much sucess i'm afraid!