Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: News...

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Many congrats Patsy!!!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    Congratulations Patsy, I was giggling at your daughters request of Anastasia.
    Dawn

Home again...naturally! Secretme's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Aww Patsy I can now say Congrats out nice and loud because the cats out of the bag (or should that be bun in the oven )

Hope your feeling loads stronger soon

Dedicated Scrapper Sharon Betts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Congratulations! Hope your feeling better soon. I had morning sickness with 2 ds, and none with dd - though I desparatley wished I was (have had lots of problems, and it would have reassured me I was still pg). Really can't help with the headaches - just lots of lovely fresh air, and drink plenty. Have you cut out caffine or anything else that might cause it?
    Anyway, all the best, for a big healthy bump.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Thanks again for the lovely comments

Sharon - sorry to hear you've had problems in your pregnancy (sorry couldn't tell if you were still pregnant or had the baby?). I had an uneasy/problematic pregnancy with my DD (my first pregnancy) too - wasn't an easy time! My body doesn't do pregnancy well The sickness has pretty much gone now thank goodness! Headaches are a different matter but I've booked an acupuncture appointment as I've heard they can be good - it's not until the end of the week but it's something to aim for! Yes, I've cut out coffee/tea but still eating a little chocolate most days (not a lot) - someone did mention caffeine withdrawal to me and it could be a factor although I'm not a big coffee drinker anyway, and I think as it's been 12 weeks now it's a long time and the headaches only started 2 weeks ago... Who knows, I'm doing all I can - keep your fingers crossed the acu works!
    My blogaroonie: Patsy's Little Blog

View Gallery

hi Patsy

no I'm not on a 'mum to be' thread here. Still not convinced I'm a mum to be even with 7 weeks to go - I'll cross my fingers and wait and see. Sorry to hear your pregnancy with DD was problamatic for you, I hope this one is a lot gentler on you.

I know headaches can come and go for so many reasons throughout pregnancy, although I detest lavender oil (it reminds me of old ladies!) I do pop a few drops on a tissue and sniff it when I feel a headache coming on. it seems to soothe it away if I can catch it in time. A freind of mine had accupuncture and said it was fantastic at solving many different symptoms so hope it works just as well for you.

Hope the morning sickness and heartburn give you some time out!

Love
    Victoria
    x

View Gallery

Thanks hun - good luck with everything then - 7 weeks will not be long. By Christmas hopefully you'll have your DD and you'll be all settled

I've been told not to use lavender oil until after 28 weeks for some reason - although I'm sure lots of ladies have used it without any problems!

Yes, I'm pinning a lot on this session on Friday - poor man (male acupuncturist)! I am not kidding myself that it will help after one session but it's a start - got to be positive eh?

Dedicated Scrapper Sharon Betts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Patsy - I think the lavender thing is that it can be used for regulating periods? So I kept well away from it (I'm not very good at staying pg). But some aromatherapists say its ok and some not. And dd is now 19mths old - sorry re-read my post and it does sound very unclear - I'm definately not pg, just plain old fat. Hope accupunture works for you - its supposed to be good for morning sickness too.

I did mean to say it was quite nice that you posted in this board, as we have our own little cardmaking community here, and we might of missed your lovely news if you'd posted elsewhere.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Many congratulations Patsy and I wish you well throughout your pregnancy.

CJ Magical Mystery Tour Tell Us A Story ...
    Weight loss 12lb, lo's 11/52, craft spend for June £00.00/£17.40
    Jac's Playground

Evil Mean Bunnies worst nightmare jemm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)
    Congratulations Patsy so good to read something nice.

Caffeine withdrawal can cause the worst headaches ever.....says the voice of experience ......and I suffer from cluster headaches
    JAYNE
    Scrapping with the Squirrels
    10 OSCARS & a gold medal
    AIMS FOR TODAY.....Get up......Wind up an E.M.B......Go back to bed

The twins are currently undergoing management training! Silly Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Patsy

Huge congratulations on your brill news.
    I had headaches a lot at the 1st to 2nd trimester crossover - just drank tons of water and was addicted to my 4head stick! I hope it passes soon

There is a bumps thread in the team section here

Have you got scan piccies yet?

bryony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

View Gallery

Thanks again for the new messages

Sharon it was lovely of you to comment on my posting here - I really wasn't sure whether to do it but then like you say we know a lot of each other on here now and I know a few people have entered my challenge and know I haven't been well so I thought it would be OK

Bryony - I only have one scan pic from 8 weeks and 6 days! I had a bleed then and had to go to hospital for check up and scan (I was away at the time as well!!), so literally there isn't much to see apart from a butterbean! My local hospital wouldn't scan me again at 12 weeks (now) as they said all it is, is a dating scan and they know my dates now. My next and last will be 20 weeks. I had to have loads of scans with DD - literally about 15! So have lots of pics lol! In some ways it's nice knowing I don't have to be monitored as closely but when you've been used to it, it now feels a bit odd! It really can't be that much longer for you now - I bet you are knackered poor thing! Still get as much rest as you can now!

Off to have a nosey at the mums to be thread

Dedicated Scrapper Lighthousegirl's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Congratulations Patsy - what lovely news :-)
    Light

If you want details of my blog please let me know!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (68)
    big congrats hun!!!!!
    Take care,
    Nickyx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Good luck with the pregnancy - try eating ginger biscuits before you get out of bed. It worked really well with me and stopped the sickness. Don't know about the headaches though didn't get them.

Best of luck
    Loretta