Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Collector of : stamps, ribbons, flowers, jewels ect Oh and skint too! removed user's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I didnt know it no, I dont own a business but I independantly demo and am on a design team too.

Collector of : stamps, ribbons, flowers, jewels ect Oh and skint too! removed user's Avatar
    View Gallery

this was my reply from Beate John - Stampin Up! stamp queen!!!

Don't worry about it. You CAN.

Look at all the US demos who are on design teams.

Lori Craig, Sharon Harnist....well...most design team members are SU demos

Julie Ebersole was both for years!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by stampingcaz View Post
    I didnt know it no, I dont own a business but I independantly demo and am on a design team too.

You're fine then !

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteri-CAL View Post
    OK what page on there are they slating me on?? LOL Might as well read it and have another boo today, flipping hormones! LOL

View Gallery

I didn't know they had slated you Caz ???

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteri-CAL View Post
    I didn't know they had slated you Caz ???
    yet.... ha ha just checking!! I should say I dont care if they do, but I would.

Still waiting for UK manager to call me back!

Caz

View Gallery

Hope you've made a pot of tea to keep you going !!!

View Gallery

not really expecting her to call today... want her to but not expecting it, expect shes up to her eyes in it. yeah just made a cuppa, boys are behaving today, they can probably feel the tension!

Wish for spellcheck
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I have cake, jeezzz I need it too, what a day, is there a full moon?
    Karen

View Gallery

lol chuck us a piece

I prefer lie downs to sit ups! Sprogpaws's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I would imagine the UK manager is trying to keep something of a low profile just now - between the $ for £ swap, inflated quarterly minimums, the lack of information provided about commission & so on, plus fobbing us off with retired stock they couldn't shift in the US, she's probably in the firing line something rotten at the moment, and none of it is her fault. I so wouldn't want her job right now, trying to placate all of us who are so disappointed with the terms after being so excited about it all in the first place. That's probably half the problem - they know we've been so desperate to get SU over here that they've assumed they could pretty much get away with anything. It smacks more than a little of taking the 'proverbial' to me!

I am an independent organiser for a children's book company, and I'd never have joined up with them if they were to operate in that way. I make a good income with Usborne, and had hoped to be able to introduce some of my existing customer base to SU, and so encourage new people to get in to stamping, but I know there is no way that'll happen now - I can't see anyone other than us die-hard addicts being willing to part with £30 for a set of stamps and £10 for a pack of paper. I was very much looking forward to becoming a demo, but now I don't think I'll be bothering with it at all. I like working for people who put their organisers & their customers first, not their profit margin, and I afraid I'm just not getting that warm fuzzy feeling from SU anymore.

I prefer lie downs to sit ups! Sprogpaws's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Karen, take yer cake over to my house, the kettle's on!!!!!!!!!!

Dedicated Scrapper scrappyannie's Avatar
    View Gallery

I've watched this thread with interest.
    I've previously asked a direct question about being able to demo elsewhere etc. I used to work for a craft shop and teach from home. Still trying to get the demo thing going.
    I was specifically told you cannot work for any competitors ie: Hero Arts etc and demo for them. You are asked to sign a contract to say so too. So I would imagine you would be in breach of this were you to demo etc.
    The prices now are a real problem to me, Having used 1 stamp and imkpad to do 6 cards for a class. Those prices would scare most of my ladies off.
    Annie

View Gallery

Thats the problem Annie .. only us SU devotees would pay £30 for a stamp set .. even if we were to persuade them that at the end of the day its only £6 per stamp ... no-one will want to outlay £30 in one go ... PLUS, you don't always want ALL the stamps in each given set ... so there's arguments both ways.

I would much prefer to buy UK, and preferably from myself ... but I really can't see this happening now