Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Must learn to say NO!! Wannabe Rebel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    Not planning on doing this myself, BUT I have read the terms and conditions and this one seems quite explicit ....

Representation of Competing Products. I understand that I may not distribute, market, manufacture or sell (or assist others in so doing)
    the products of other direct selling, multilevel, or network marketing companies which offer substantially the same or similar products
    to those Products sold by the Company. I also agree not to sell, promote, or demonstrate any other products, other than those offered
    and purchased through the Company, while participating in home workshops or Company events, or any other meeting with existing or
    potential Demonstrators or customers. Nor shall I use the Company’s name, prestige, drawing power, or Demonstrator/ customer lists
    with or in support of any other events or activities, without first obtaining written approval from the Company. A Demonstrator, Supporting
    Demonstrator (as defined in the Demonstrator Manual), or Demonstrator’s spouse may not own, hold part ownership in, or represent a
    retail or wholesale business that sells products in the rubber stamping, scrapbooking, or paper crafting industry.

So if you are already in the Scrapbooking or Stamping business and want to be a demonstrator for Stampinup UK, you may need to look into this, I may be misinterpreting this but it looks to me like you can't do both ...

Wish for spellcheck
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe Rebel View Post
    Representation of Competing Products. I understand that I may not distribute, market, manufacture or sell (or assist others in so doing)
    the products of other direct selling, multilevel, or network marketing companies which offer substantially the same or similar products
    to those Products sold by the Company. I also agree not to sell, promote, or demonstrate any other products, other than those offered
    and purchased through the Company, while participating in home workshops or Company events, or any other meeting with existing or
    potential Demonstrators or customers. Nor shall I use the Company’s name, prestige, drawing power, or Demonstrator/ customer lists
    with or in support of any other events or activities, without first obtaining written approval from the Company. A Demonstrator, Supporting
    Demonstrator (as defined in the Demonstrator Manual), or Demonstrator’s spouse may not own, hold part ownership in, or represent a
    retail or wholesale business that sells products in the rubber stamping, scrapbooking, or paper crafting industry.

So if you are already in the Scrapbooking or Stamping business and want to be a demonstrator for Stampinup UK, you may need to look into this, I may be misinterpreting this but it looks to me like you can't do both ...
    I think what this spells out, rightly too, you take off one badge before you put on another.
    IE if your doing SU on a Saturday afternoon, you dont sell CM on the side table.

But the green bit would wipe most demos off the SU team, how many are on a DT?
    Karen

Loving Life on UKScrappers BevS97's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I don't read it that way at all. I read it as,

If you own a scrapbooking business, then you cannot be a SU demo.

A Demonstrator, Supporting
    retail or wholesale business
    that sells products in the rubber stamping, scrapbooking, or paper crafting industry.

it's pretty explicit.

Wish for spellcheck
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Yes I agree bev, as I said, the green bit would wipe out most would be SU demos, myself included
    but also anyone on a DT, who represent a business.

Oh dear its not looking good anymore
    Karen

Collector of : stamps, ribbons, flowers, jewels ect Oh and skint too! removed user's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    this is bad! I have left a message and asked Paula to call me back about this... what section number in the rules is it?? I know loads of the USA ladies who are SU reps also do design team stuff for other places ect surely they cant rule all us out? I mean anyone who is really passionate about card making will have strived to get on a design team or demo elsewhere before waiting for SU to come over??

Caz

Loving Life on UKScrappers BevS97's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I guess the question is, does belonging to a design team mean you 'represent' that company.

Collector of : stamps, ribbons, flowers, jewels ect Oh and skint too! removed user's Avatar
    View Gallery

well if that means all us ones that have be gibbering on about it cant join then they are bl**dy mad! they need people like us with all the enthusiasm (cant spell it) I ebt she wont call me back today! Still I did leave her a mesage that sounded urgent! LOL

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    They do need to clarify whether being on a DT means you are effectively 'representing' another business.
    Last edited by Sleepy Dragon; 08-10-2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: misspelling

View Gallery

yes and even demonstrating too as I do that as well. When I work for Glitter Pot I work for them, when I work for Creative Living I work for them, I dont see the problem... they dont have a problem with that so why should SU?

View Gallery

if the UK representative doesn't get back to you - you could always try the US reps as I'd imagine the rules are the same internationally

View Gallery

yeah I have contacted a friend in the USA as I said I know for a fact there are demos that are on design teams ect ..... I did know about the companu bit as that was a factor in my closing my chicken shack down but I didnt think being a demo/design team member would cause a problem I mean we are the people that they need, people who LOVE the products, love to stamp and share with people.

View Gallery

To be honest I hadnt even seen this bit and have already signed the forms, I wish I didnt know about it and now am wondering if me calling her will shoot me in the foot as I will be admitting to her that I do work else where and might mean I get told I cant do it when others could play it dumb and just sign up...

View Gallery

knowing what some of the not so nice people in the craft world are like caz - those who flout the rules are in time likely to be shopped by someone anyway - just look at scrap smack!

View Gallery

Why would people do that??? BLUR!!

WHats that about scrapsmack?
    Caz

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Quote Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
    I don't read it that way at all. I read it as,

If you own a scrapbooking business, then you cannot be a SU demo.

A Demonstrator, Supporting
    retail or wholesale business
    that sells products in the rubber stamping, scrapbooking, or paper crafting industry.

it's pretty explicit.

I always thought this part of it was common knowledge.