Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Speak slowly, I only speak Australian. Sally Mitchell's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    £=$??

Now I am quite hesitant to sign up.
    Sally

My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    Yup I am having the same feelings at the moment as the rest of you, and I have been sooooo excited about it. I cannot justify spending £30 on a stamp set, I know the pros and cons compared to the prices of one stamp from the UK, but when we have been paying half that for the same sort of set by buying it from the US, that is just crazy money, and I will tell you one thing people where I live will most definitely NOT pay that sort of money for a stamp set. So it looks like I will save my £136 or whatever and just use that to stock up on inks and cardstock from another demo and save myself the heartache, money and hardship of trying to set up a client base and let other demos to all the work!!!! lol Its such a shame cause I think if they had brought the prices down a bit people would have been more willing to part with the hard earned cash, but as prices in the UK seem to be escallating at tahe moment ie mortgages and bills not to mention xmas on the very near horizon people just won't have that sort of money to part with. Now we all know how great Stampin Up stuff is, but if you are trying to convert total virgins to stamping, with those prices, they will stay with decoupage and iris folding, lol for pennies compared to pounds.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Shame that Stampin Up aren't reading this thread.

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I was really excited about it coming here, but I will continue to buy off my US contact as the prices £ for $ is ridiculous, much too expensive!!

Collector of : stamps, ribbons, flowers, jewels ect Oh and skint too! removed user's Avatar
    View Gallery

Its nots SU fault that the pound is so strong against the weak dollar. Of course for now its a buyers market in the USA. I am of course as upset as anyone about teh simple switch from $ to £.... I am still going to go for it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    Quote Originally Posted by stampingcaz View Post
    Its nots SU fault that the pound is so strong against the weak dollar. Of course for now its a buyers market in the USA. I am of course as upset as anyone about teh simple switch from $ to £.... I am still going to go for it.
    Nobody is saying its SU's fault just that, personally, i think they should have looked at our market a bit more before jumping with a straight $=£ figure, they don't seem to have considered the fact that we will still purchase stamp sets from the US, it does not bother me a hoot not having the plastic cases or the wooden blocks, I stick them in CD cases and often onto EZ mount, so no hardship on that front. As mentioned above, I will more than likely purchase cardstock/inks from the UK, but again, it will be slowly especially if they are going to be £7.50 etc? That is horrendous for an inkpad isn't it, yikes Having said that £9.99 for a package of cardstock is a bit steep as well, no matter how co-ordinating they all are!!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Have we actually been told that it will be $ -£ or is it just an assumption?
    Trudy

Collector of : stamps, ribbons, flowers, jewels ect Oh and skint too! removed user's Avatar
    View Gallery

I admit I havent looked at the prices of the accessories, yes £7 is too much for a inkpad.. do we know the accessories are £ for $ yet? Oh well, we can but try. There will always be a mixed of people, some who are computer savvy and who will track things down, order from USA ect and some that just arent into that and will buy the stuff at the comfort of their homes.

DEmos will have to decide if they want to make the full mark up or they want to encourage sales and give some of their discount back..

I suppose I am a little sensitive, its something I have wanted for over 10 years, since I have been buying that long! and of course everyone is upset and bashing my baby LOL maybe also touching a nerve with me as I am worried how well it could go.

Caz

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Trudyw View Post
    Have we actually been told that it will be $ -£ or is it just an assumption?
    The sets on the demo kit form are $ for £

View Gallery

I can understand you being sensitive over it Caz, I was really looking forward to it opening here too. I'm just wondering what the French/German prices are going to be like. Off to check!

View Gallery

Did you notice how I said 'we' in my last post LOL
    Trudy

View Gallery

LOL Trudy

I have been working on Hostess packs on and off all day. Hostess letter and all sorts of other info gathered to print and give to hostess to hopefully help them in making a great party Cant say I am not keen .

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Trudyw View Post
    Did you notice how I said 'we' in my last post LOL
    Did you notice how I called it "my baby" LOL I have foam mounted SU sets! they go back that long! So I feel like that

View Gallery

France/Germany are both paying 43.95 euros for the mixed bouquest stamp set, about the same as we are paying.

Can't remember what I was trying to prove by working that out LOL!

View Gallery

Well I already have 1 person down for a party!

I don't actually have any of there stamps but have looked at them for a while.
    Trudy