Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Another option if you want to cut them on the robo is to cut them in vinyl or even from blank peel off stickers (although they work out dearer than vinyl). I cut the letters for the glasses I am etching for our wedding favours from vinyl. The lower case letters I did were about 0.5cm high and they came out perfect. I did them in Bell MT font I think, not really fancy but cos I needed loads of them I needed one that would weed pretty easily. As long as the font isn't too intricate then vinyl is fine to use at a small size. A couple of bits of my letters were really fine, like part of the k, but it didn't tear whereas if I had tried to cut it that small in paper or card it would have shreaded it. Plus vinyl comes in loads of different colours, including metallics, flourescents etc etc.

Kathie

Robo Novice
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have round this thread really useful: thanks!
    I bought a load of peel-offs from Craft Creations but it is a shame as they really cut their range of French ones down just before Easter. They also do blank peel-off sheets in different colours incl transparent which I bought to try with robo but haven't yet.
    I do buy some in craft shops here but find range very limited.
    Have jotted down fonts etc recommended and will have a look at vinyls too.
    http://karenscreation.blogspot.com