Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hooray! The ability to import different files!

Well I will certainly be purchasing it. Yes I can do all in photoshop and other software packages but keeping it easy is great for doing more in less time!

Linda

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think it looks great and I love working with a bezier! finally!!
    I think it is not that expensive, and like to know what shipping to the netherlands would be. I am ready to pre-order.
    *meadelie

The only thing in life to succeed is a budgie with no teeth!! Cockneyrebel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

ya Beauty!

Gimmie, gimmie!!
    Last edited by Cockneyrebel; 30-10-2007 at 06:28 AM.

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by YorkieMomFlUSA View Post
    Well, this is great!!! I am just wondering if all fonts will work in this new software. Back when I did use InkScape, there were a lot of fonts that it would not recognize, so I started welding words in Paint Shop Pro. Anyone know?

Pam
    Pam

It will work with all TrueType, OpenType and Adobe Type 1 fonts which is pretty much everything

Phil

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by crafty betsy View Post
    thank you phil can you tell us if we can pre order the software at all patience is not a crafters strong point
    We are hoping to take pre orders next week, the problem is our online shop deducts money immediately from your credit card when you order. We are not sure if it is possible to change this for pre orders. We are looking into it.

Alternatively we could just put an email order form up and use the manual sysytem, we are looking into it

Phil

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Here,Here Sugarplum, I agree. I don't mind the cost either. It will mean that I will get the best out of my robo.....so I will be a happy bunny. Glad the tuts are going to be in words of one sylable(?) though!!!

Treat people as you would like to be treated! Mrs O's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (52)
    fantastic news, thanks Phil and Graphtec, can't wait to get mine, money ready and waiting
    . . . Sharon . . .

Trying to lose weight but it keeps finding me :-( Amanda Marriott's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you so much Phil and all at Graphtec. When I first heard about it coming out, it was advised that it would be around the 40 quid mark so I am more than happy with this.

I'm like a kid at Christmas and I want to open it NOW lol.

Been waiting (not very patiently) for this software and am so excited that we will be able to order soon.

Janet

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaP View Post
    Just had a look, very interesting. Loads of the tools are the same as the KNK software which I'm trying to get my head around.

I look forward to hearing people's opinions when they've tried it.

ErikaP
    Me too Erika, me too ................... I wonder if the new software can open PDF files? And you have the ability to save in other formats eg dfx, pdf, jpg, bmp. Any answers Phil?

As for the price, as Phil says, this is designed on the professional software out there, KNK Studio, is one of them, and costs much much more than a mere £40 (rounded up) so its a bargain.

The KNK Studio software uses a Dongle system so it has to be inserted in the usb slot of the computer/laptop before you can use the software, and it likes to use the same slot every time you use it, so it can be a nuisence if you have it in a laptop and then take your laptop around with you at some point. This won't have that so great news.
    Last edited by lucylogic; 21-09-2007 at 11:37 AM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by philk View Post
    We are hoping to take pre orders next week, the problem is our online shop deducts money immediately from your credit card when you order. We are not sure if it is possible to change this for pre orders. We are looking into it.

Alternatively we could just put an email order form up and use the manual sysytem, we are looking into it

Phil
    It wouldn't actually worry me paying for it in advance, Graphtec have got yourselves such a good reputation for being customer friendly that I know I will get what I've paid for, trust you implicitly. Anything to try to make things simpler for you all and a huge thanks for this programme and the tutorials, can't wait.

Corrina

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lucylogic View Post
    Me too Erika, me too ................... I wonder if the new software can open PDF files? And you have the ability to save in other formats eg dfx, pdf, jpg, bmp. Any answers Phil?

As for the price, as Phil says, this is designed on the professional software out there, KNK Studio, is one of them, and costs much much more than a mere £40 (rounded up) so its a bargain.

The KNK Studio software uses a Dongle system so it has to be inserted in the usb slot of the computer/laptop before you can use the software, and it likes to use the same slot every time you use it, so it can be a nuisence if you have it in a laptop and then take your laptop around with you at some point. This won't have that so great news.
    Hi Lucy

You can open pdf files, but dont forget, not all pdf files will be cuttable, it depends how they were created.

Fortunately we have already thought of that and we have put in the ability to turn your pdf into a bitmap if necessary which can then be auto traced.

There is no option to save in other formats, this is because of our license agreement with the software writers. Otherwise industrial customers could buy it for £37.95 instead of their normal £600 and simply export the files.

The software is not dongle protected, but we have built in copy protection. When first installed the software will automatically download a security key from our website which means the software will only run on one computer at any one time. For those few customers without an internet connection we can supply a limited number of dongle copies.

Phil

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Curiosity now has the better of me. Files created in this new software and uploaded here, will I need to have the software installed to be able to open and cut the file shared?

Lynn

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Yes they will, I will ask if we can have it to export as .gsd as well

Phil

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

oh no..... time to put more money away to upgrage to a bigger faster machine. And lay the robo to rest then.

Lynn