Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    There is nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate Kirsty262's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (120)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jue Jue View Post
    Im also lost will like to take a look if someone could p m me the link please
    I haven't got a clue either, never heard of scrapsmack

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    just google it, lol that's how I found it - I never realised people were so worried about other peeps' doins before, LOL

Bernie X
    Happy to CT for
    Aimee Harrison Design Studios, A-Liya, Creative Victorian Designs, Feli Designs, JoeG Designs, Maguette Scrap Design, SherieJD, Snickerdoodle Design by Karen & ViVa Artistry

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Well, I've just had a read - and I got bored - don't know the person - feel sorry for her to be talked about - BUT - they're silly little girls who haven't grown up and let em try to degrade others (they're only showing their own true colours) - bet no one really likes them IRL ! I shant read them again and I'd suggest that everyone does likewise. Lets get on and scrap.

Gill.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Well said Gill - I totally agree!! xxx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    The only person who can make you a published scrapper is yourself. I have been published, i am on design teams, but you know what i worked damm hard to get them. I spend ages working on my pages, moving my techniques on, looking at different things.

Nobody handed me these things on a plate, i worked hard for it on my own. The reason that people are on a pedestal is because people put them their.

If you dont like the stuff in the magazines then dont read them.I dont think that is hard to do. Sorry im probably going to get flamed for saying these things, but it really annoys me. FLAME AWAY!!!!!
    my blog -http://paperandplanning.blogspot.co.uk

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Well said wendy xx

I love the low calorie Pizza Boxes with pretty things in! tinasue's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    Can't see anything to flame Wendy, well said.

Tina x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I've just looked at the scrapsmack blog, only so that I could work out what was going on, but couldn't really make anything out of it - I gather older posts have been removed, or had been on Aug 10th, and there doesn't seem to be anything of any substance since, other than a bit of a vague rant about supposedly 'elite' scrappers being to uppity to be on forums with the hoi polloi. I wonder if some more stuff has been removed. There's certainly no mention of Kirsty, or anyone else, by name.

So, now I know that there is something murky afoot, but am no clearer!

BTW, this is, IMO, a brilliant forum, with a hugely wide variety of talents and opinions. I wouldn't want to be here if everyone was brilliant (I'd be intimidated) or worse than me (I need to learn) but what I for one value the most is the mutual support offered, in scrapping and personal matters.

OK, I'll crawl back into my hole now!..............
    Eileen

Handbag, shoe and choco - holic! Bluemoonjules's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I've no idea what this is all about, and frankly, I am not going to go and look.

I don't buy any scrapping mags, I'm not interested in being 'published' but I work hard on my pages - for me.

Good on anyone (famous or not!) who shares their work and ideas with others.
    - 6.25% Welsh -

Living in the fantasy world of Edward and Bella leeann21's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    ache i googled and googled and i cant find the proper page i dont think as i cant seem to find a link to the relevence of this thread............at the end of the day if someone is published it is because people like there work personally i THINK if someone is nasty about a person for being published etc then they are just childish and jealous, i really do think it all boils down to jealousy
    My Blog Updated 13/09/11

Steadily disappearing under a mountain of stash! CloClo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I tried to have a look at what this was talking about and couldn't really make head nor tail of what I found. It seems to be a vague rant about certain scrappers cornering the DT market or being published or something similar. The fact is, you won't be published unless you send your work in and if you fear rejection then its prob not best to try, the same as in any field if you want to succeed. As for DTs, I am on a Design Team and have been asked to guest on another and both came up from people browsing my gallery, so sponsors DO have a look at newbies work. Whatever you think of these scrappers work, they have put themselves out there and are presumably thick skinned enough not to pay attention to the comments of others, or to just take them on board and move on. You will never be liked by everybody, or so my mum always told me, and that message has held me in good stead. As for getting curt answers to so called 'stupid' questions on here, maybe I am just missing that I am being patronised but I have often been directed to previous threads on something and been grateful for it. Sometimes I worry that there are an awful lot of sensitive people out there who take a comment in the wrong way and blow it up out of all proportion. But then maybe that is the danger of an online forum when you can't know the way in which a comment is said.

One thing I found that I did agree with though was that I wish the Design Calls in SI were on a more general theme - I never seem to scrap to any of the themes they do so can't send in!

Dedicated Scrapper princessmowgli's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Quote Originally Posted by CloClo View Post
    . As for getting curt answers to so called 'stupid' questions on here, maybe I am just missing that I am being patronised but I have often been directed to previous threads on something and been grateful for it.
    I have done this. Someone asks a ? & I have found an older link & pasted it in the reply to guide them BUT often thought that I hope they understand I am being helpful & not patronising. I would NEVER purposely be spiteful to anyone but text can be so hard to 'feel' IYKWIM.

Sonia

Steadily disappearing under a mountain of stash! CloClo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I agree Sonia, it is hard to tell but maybe I am thick skinned or perhaps I see the good in people but I never feel like anyone on here is being spiteful or patronising, though perhaps a little too quick to jump to conclusions on occassions!

Nutter Extraordinaire!! scrappydiva's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I must admit that I have seen one or two questions which were fairly innocent that got smacked down rather curtly. This was a while ago you understand and I was fairly new here too... but I do remember a post in particular that said something like: "here is the info you want! I don't see why people have to provide you with it when you could easily have searched for it yourself. The info has always been there and we keep having to give you newbies the same info over and over again. Its just laziness" blah blah blah. Now it might have been a bad day for that person (can't even remember who it was now) but as a newbie myself, who had no idea how to search for something I must admit it put me right off asking any questions for a long, long time.

I will say that I haven't seen those sorts of posts for quite a while now.

Dedicated Scrapper princessmowgli's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Often if you don't type the 'key' word the threads will not come up.
    I won't NOT link to past threads but am wary that people understand what the intention is, helpful, directional, only positive.
    I am a sensitive soul though...sticks & stones rhyme is total tosh but I still tell it my children, LOL.

It took me a while to understand the 'search this forum' thing & still I don't know all the nooks & crannys of this site, live & learn eh!

Sonia