Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Colouring in Stamped Images

After talking with some of my team, I was wondering what everyone used to colour in their stamped images.
    I love H2O's, Sakuras and Jemm (teamie) has some lovely USArtquest watercolour pallettes, but I'd like to know what you all use and what make do you think is best. I'm particularly interested in watercolours as my watercolour pencils are rubbish and I want to upgrade.
    Thanks
    Tracy x
    Stig's Dump

Let us Sprinkle you with Fairy Dust! willowdesigns's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I think it depends what type of look you are trying to achieve..for me..I do a lot of work with h2o's, I also stamp a lot onto patterned papers and don't colour at all, even quicker.! I also like to use crystal lacquers either by themselves or over the top of h2o's.

I'm an Altered Angel Happy Hazel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    i've got reeves watercolour pencils and i also use gel pens i've also got Sakura Gelly roll pens and Staedtler fineliners for the finer details

i would love to get some H2O's

it all depends on what image or card im using as to what i use to colour my images in with

hazel

http://hazel-happyhazel.blogspot.com May points slo x 2 , dlo x , cj entries x , cj's made x , Its my CJ,Altered Angels team CJ,
    lo goal for 2009 - 52 - 44 done

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Interested int his thread as well. I have yesterday- after chatting to Stig- ordered some H20's- That's Crafty have them on special atm. Have pinched dd's watercolour pencils and am going to try and palm her off with some cheaper pencils but somehow don't think that'll wash so may have to buy some of my own
    Heather
    No more swaps, in fact if I ask to join a swap please say NO
    "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Slave to the stamp industry! KittyF's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Well there are so many options available.. its just a case of trying them out and finding what suits you best!

I have tons of diff things... Marvy & Whispers Pens, Derwent Watercolor Pencils, H20's, Wonder Crayons and more recently i have bought Letraset Markers & Copic Markers. which both are really fab and don't look like you have coloured them in as they don't leave brush marks.. the Letraset ones are a cheaper version of Copic and IMHO they aren't very different other than the price!

View Gallery

Are the Derwent Watercolour Pencils good Kitty? I really like watercolouring ATM but my pencils aren't very good.
    Tracy x
    Stig's Dump

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    Hey, well I am probably going to be slaughtered for this, but I do not like Twinkling H20s!!!!! I didn't like the results with them, but I know that is just my opinion, cause I know hundreds of girls that love them.

Personally I use, Watercolour Pencils (got a big tin at WHSmiths), I also use Neocolor II watercolour crayons, which I love, and I use my Prismacolor pencils and zest-it, which I also love and the reason for this is you get a great look to your colouring ie with the shading etc.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by KittyF View Post
    Well there are so many options available.. its just a case of trying them out and finding what suits you best!

I have tons of diff things... Marvy & Whispers Pens, Derwent Watercolor Pencils, H20's, Wonder Crayons and more recently i have bought Letraset Markers & Copic Markers. which both are really fab and don't look like you have coloured them in as they don't leave brush marks.. the Letraset ones are a cheaper version of Copic and IMHO they aren't very different other than the price!
    Hey Kitty, actually that was something I was going to ask you, where did you get your Letraset Markers from and how much were they?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    Hey, well I am probably going to be slaughtered for this, but I do not like Twinkling H20s!!!!! I didn't like the results with them, but I know that is just my opinion, cause I know hundreds of girls that love them.
    No slaughtering I did hear someone say there were some cheaper versions of H2O's which are better- but I can't remember what they were!

Personally I use, Watercolour Pencils (got a big tin at WHSmiths), I also use Neocolor II watercolour crayons, which I love, and I use my Prismacolor pencils and zest-it, which I also love and the reason for this is you get a great look to your colouring ie with the shading etc.
    Ooh, lovely selection. Where do you shop?
    Tracy x
    Stig's Dump

View Gallery

No slaughtering I did hear someone say there were some cheaper versions of H2O's which are better- but I can't remember what they were

I got a set from The Works, these are the ones that everybody talks about they were I think if I remember correctly £2.99 - but I still don't like these either!!! lol i just don't like the effect they give, its a sort of pearlescent sheen, nope just not me

Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Ooh, lovely selection. Where do you shop!?
    I got my Prismacolour pencils from the very well known auction site!!! they came from Germany actually, lol

I got the Neocolor II watercolour crayons from our localish Arts Shop which is based in Dorchester, Dorset

View Gallery

I got a set from The Works, these are the ones that everybody talks about they were I think if I remember correctly £2.99 - but I still don't like these either!!! lol i just don't like the effect they give, its a sort of pearlescent sheen, nope just not me
    Thanks Bird. I'll have to look in The Works when I next travel to Big Town as my children call it
    Tracy x
    Stig's Dump

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    I too use prismacolour pencils and zest it. Got both of the auction site too. I've tried with other pencils but still think prismacolour are the best IMO. Loads of lovely shades too.

Shary
    x

Dedicated Scrapper thecountryrose's Avatar
    View Gallery

Just colored in my 1st stamped image recently and I used markers the first time around and didn't like the way it looked. Then I used colored pencils and liked it. Haven't tried the watercolor pencils yet, but plan to soon.

Collector of : stamps, ribbons, flowers, jewels ect Oh and skint too! removed user's Avatar
    View Gallery

I love faber castell watercolour pencils, beatiful smooth colour with thick leads.
    Also H20's and the Stampin up! watercolour crayons are beautiful too

Caz

View Gallery

I use watercolour pencils, caran d'ache watercolour crayons or H2Os, depending on which effect I'm after. I love the look of the copics, but I don't really do that much "bright" stamping so don't think they'd be for me.

I have the cheaper pearlescent paints from The Works too, but find them too glittery, I much prefer the subtle shimmer of the H20's!!