Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

I work from son up to son down rootbeerbaby's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)

rusty pickle buttons - over 200, my bum!

I got my rusty pickle buttons for the swap I'm in this morning - with the little label that says over 200 buttons.

I'd been aware that some of the bottles in the swap had been coming up a bit short, so i duly counted them out

97!!!

The nice lady at RP has already agreed to put in the extra for our swap but if I had bought these bottles of buttons as a standalone purchase, I'd be mighty miffed. It doesn't say 'an average no. of 200' on the label, it states 'over 200'.
    I have a Tobysaurus at home

on a stash diet.....indefinately!! suttyscrappers's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    excuse my ignorance, but i dont understand?? If you buy a bottle that claims to have over 200 then it should be that, what difference does it make that it is for a swap, the extra should be there regardless and not put in 'by the lady at RP for our swap.
    Or am i missing something completely obvious....cos thats never happened before NOT!!! lol

View Gallery

I just stated that because I knew people would say 'oooh you should get RP to put in the extra' - which is not the point, just as you state

This is more of a warning for people who buy the buttons and assume there are 200, because unless you're part of a swap, you aren't likely to count them!

A wizard is never late - he arrives precisely when he means to hazgizz's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I think what Rootbeerbaby is saying is to those who may purchase these watch out and make sure you're not shortchanged

Over 50% of us in the swap had bottles of buttons that were short.As she says labels says 200 buttons - but we've had from 97 to 260 I think

We emailed Rusty Pickle and the lady has responded saying that she is aware of this issue and has asked Rusty Pickle to be more vigilant in their descriptions and content

If you have lots of large buttons then they arent going to fit 200 in the little bottle - but in that case their label shouldnt stipulate around 200 buttons.

She has kindly agreed to make up the shortfall because there were so many of us

Just a warning to others so you're not paying for something you dont get

on a stash diet.....indefinately!! suttyscrappers's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    thanks for the clarification! im not having a 'blonde moment' but more of a 'blonde morning' lol

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)

Trading standards

If you purchase an item, it legally has to match the description. eg if a jar of coffee says 500g, it will often have over that. If RP are saying they contain at least 200 buttons, they are breaching trading standards by having less in the bottle...regardless of size. I'm guessing though, that they are not an English company and the rules may be different in the USA...but I would think they must have similar laws over there too.

It won't help with your 'numbers' though as all they'll do is change the description to something like 'average 200 - content number may vary depending on size of buttons' !

Just had to put in my penny-worth! Incidentally, are they nice buttons?

x Debby

View Gallery

I do like the buttons but I think I prefer the autumn leaves bag o'buttons.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (38)
    They are perfectly nice buttons but the swap has certainly been an eye opener - I had 152 in my bottle.

make more time to scrap suzysuzy1's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    yep lovely bottle too. I joined the swap cos it's a great way to fill up our bottles with other colours. At £5.99, approx. I'm never gonna go out and buy 10 bottles.
    My white bottle had 172 in it