Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash Keeper View Post
    I know acrylics are so much easier to store, and I have loads, but I can't help buying wooden ones! It's a bit like buying papers! I buy them then just look at them and stroke them occassionally instead of cutting them coz they are so beautiful. I just love the feel of the wooden mounted stamps. I really think I need help...
    You are not alone, I am exactly the same!! I just love the feel of them in my hand. I do prefer working with them to unmounted ones, although like you I have loads of u/m ones too .

I have unmounted one stamp. It was a long thin ribbon cube and I found it wobbled too much as a wood stamp. I zapped it in the microwave for 10 seconds and it came off easily. I get a much better impression using it as a u/m.
    Sam

Scrap and Stickle team member

Choice Words and Tasteful Doings

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (31)
    I unmounted all of my stamps, I was ruthless! They all go on acetate in ring binders now, so much more space for more stash now

Doing it like a DIVA!

It's your art CJ 30th April

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I use clear Tuff boxes, they are just the right depth for mounted rubber stamps and I can see through the lid what's inside plus they are handy for transporting to craft club. I also use the thinner Tuff boxes for my foam stamps and acrylics.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (70)
    I use Tuff boxes too All of my mounted stamps have been unmounted (zap in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds to melt the glue).
    Swaps:
    CJ's:

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Hiya, I may have to unmount them in the fullness of time for practicalities sake. You've all been so brave.....
    - Gabby x

I wish I was.....in Austria VAL DER RE's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Oh I couldn't bring myself to unmount my stamps, plus what did you all do with the wooden blocks? Also, in the mess that is my craft room I am always loosing the plastic blocks so spend ages looking for them when I want to use an unmounted stamp.

View Gallery

My wooden stamps (of which I now have very few) are in a drawer... but all my unmounted ones are in a stamp folder box.. it has sheets of acetate for the stamps and pockets for the designs.. and as the box is large enough I can store my acrylic blocks in there too..

Nikki x

NT is not 'normal' it is just common! Wisher's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (187)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash Keeper View Post
    I know acrylics are so much easier to store, and I have loads, but I can't help buying wooden ones! It's a bit like buying papers! I buy them then just look at them and stroke them occassionally instead of cutting them coz they are so beautiful. I just love the feel of the wooden mounted stamps. I really think I need help...
    I soooo relate to this - my obsession with stamps (especially wooded ones) is worse than my pp obsession! I do buy um stamps and love to use them but the wooded ones have a special place in my heart!

For storage - my UM ones -well some of them) are now in a fab storage system I won from dewdrop crafts (sponsor) and my wooden stampos are on a 5ft tall revolving CD rack - it is beautiful every one comments on what a feature it is in the room!
    Swaps: unofficial found poetry (sent - waiting for return) , stocking swap 2023 advent swap 2023
    Gill x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Wisher View Post
    For storage - my UM ones -well some of them) are now in a fab storage system I won from dewdrop crafts (sponsor) and my wooden stampos are on a 5ft tall revolving CD rack - it is beautiful every one comments on what a feature it is in the room!

I really think we need to see a photo of this cd rack, don't you ladies?

Val

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    cd rack sounds great!
    I microwave for 10-15sec and put onto acetate and into binders... more room for more stamps!!!

I had my cake and ate it too!! Pink Chocolate's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)
    mmmmm giving me something to think about as i have so many stamps now

View Gallery

I am still interested in what you do with the wooden mounts once you have removed them, it seems like an awful waste if you just throw them away.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    I've got 100's of wood mounted stamps. I got a box from Waitrose in their sewing section. It is slightly bigger than A5 and comes with three trays and a lid. You buy extra trays that all sit under one lid. Each tray is deep enough for one row of wood mounted stamps. Its only Denami and Great Impressions that a a fraction too high, but if you put them in the top tray its got a bit more height due to the lid. The trays come in two depths, the normal depth and a deeper one. I have two layers in the deeper trays.

Its not a cheap way to store them as the box is £10 and the trays cost £2.25-£2.75 each (their are two depths) but its a great space saver. I have about 5 sets of trays, each set about 10 trays high, under one lid.

I built my collection up slowley so I didn't really see the cost

I would never unmount mine as I always sell my unwanted stamps on ebay and they are pretty worthless unmounted.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I give my wooden mounts to a fellow crafter who uses them for something.
    My craft area has taken over the kitchen.... towards the front door so I just need to get it more organised. Will try waitrose for boxes tho.

I am trying to organise into themes - so all stamps, ribbons etc of say butterflies are stored together....

I need a new house.....!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hiya-on balance I just couldn't do it. (unmont them). Would love to see your revolving cd rack-where did yo get it. Sounds lovely xxx
    - Gabby x