Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I'm pretty sure I read that the new pink & black bigshot has a 20% bigger plate.

New Focus for a New Year Mrs_Tiggy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I think it's a personal choice which one you go for, but in my mind there really isn't much difference between the CB and BS. They both take all the dies, both emboss, both cut chipboard.... for me it came down to price. I got my CB at Ally Pally last year and it was cheaper than the BS and came with free embossing folders. I've never regretted getting it and it's taken everything I've thrown at it... even being dropped! I've used wooden dies in my CB but maybe there are thicker ones I don't know about. I've had no problems with my handle and at time I have even found it easier to use than my friends BS which seems to take a little extra effort when turning the handle. If you're interested in getting either one, maybe find somewhere that is doing a demo and have a test drive before you buy. It's alway a matter of preference.
    Shelley [Mrs_Tiggy] My Blog

In 2009, I'm Scrapping Like I Mean It: 11 layouts and counting!'

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I have loads of wooden dies, so Christmas 2006 DH went online and found one he thought I would like and bought it for me..... his thinking was I have wooden dies so it would be okay. Unfortunately it is thicker than all the others (doh!!) he was so disappointed about it I bought a zipemate from US just so I could cut this one die. The zipemate is not a machine I would recommend tho.

Dedicated Scrapper cindersmcphee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thanks, not bothered about portability as wont be going anywhere with it. Best deal I have seen for cuttlebug is 57.99 and get a few freebies with it. Have seen big shot(pink) 52.99 and same retailer has the big shot starter pack for 59.99(not pink) for 59.99. get few dies and embossing folders etc. So round about same price.

newby jackie
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    hi i am a newbie to all this but i have just bought myself a big shot and was wondering if you can colour in the embossed image and if so what is the best way to do this

your help would be appreciated