Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)

wonder if some people would be so kind to help

right i know theres lots and lots of posts on the forum and no doubt its already been said a million and 1 times but if someone could help me it would be a dream.

after having it sitting looking @ me for months i finally decided a enough is enough and ive come on here again today and working a long with the word book turtorial for inkscape ( which i only just downloaded today ) sorry forgot who i foundi t from, i have managed so far to get a word linking together taking me 2 months

anyways , my problem is now i got this done i got to attempt to cut. and reason i not used it for a while is it just wont cut.

from reading the posts am i understanding right.

the card needs to be a glossy finish card?

as i know about the gsm's and everything, im trying to cut card i have tons of from thepapermill shop. its a standard card but it just wont cut it tares? i ready about the O ring a while ago i never received one in my package which im a bit annoyed about i got the white/grey robo. but i did manage to cut one out of thickish white gloss card it took me an hour to get it to cut through feeding it back in and out and in and out

so i wondered could people kind of list what cardstock they use .

so i know if i need to go buy more blooming card i have 3 cupboards full of card and really want to use my cardstock up ( he wont let me buy no more ) all my card varys from 60gsm-240gsm so i know it cant be to do with that?

i manage to cut with pearlised paper ok , but thats all ive managed to get cut so far and its really annoying me now

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    it doesnt have to ge a glossy finish card, it helps if it has a smooth surface

You do not need to use O rings as you have the newer model of the robo and the blade was redesigned so you don't need them, hence why you didn't receive any - so using it could damage things
    Ramblings of a Robo Rebel

Forever Memories For You for all you Robo needs

[/FONT]3, That's the magic number. Yes it is, It's the magic number .

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Hi, sorry to hear you are having a bad time...Firstly, if you have the CR with the grey lid you won't have a standoff ring because you don't need it. The grey model (200) was designed with a max cut pressure of 33, the older blue model only went up to 30, so needed the standoff ring (and sometimes two rings). Check that you cut thick card on 33, with media set to thick card and pink cap - try two cuts (copy and paste the image and it will duplicate the image and CR will cut it twice). Secondly, have you checked that you have inserted your blade correctly? I understand that the grey model needs to have the blade inserted with the little nodule on the blade holder at 45 degrees (so a quarter past the hour position). If it isn't set like that the blade isn't reaching the card properly. If it is set correctly then you need to take the cap off the blade and examine it under a magnifier to see if you have a damaged blade, which can result in tears rather than cuts. I have cut thick hammered card (I would guess about 230 gsm) with no problems and I have the blue model - I generally try lifting a corner once the first cut is completed (before I remove it from the machine so that a second cut will follow the same cutline) and if it comes away clean then it has probably cut through the card okay, but if it looks as though it isn't quite right I send it to cut again. I have cut the lattice templates on here with no problems in about 180 gsm linen finish card - the cuts were perfect. If you try everything and it all seems as though you are doing it all correctly, then the Graphtec helpline is exactly that, extremely helpful. They want to see us all enjoying our machines.

Good Luck
    Andi
    Last edited by AndiDee; 14-07-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: explanation

I'm sure i could use that for something..... frogzone's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    If the card is going in and out it sounds as if you have got the registration marks on, you dont need them if you are just cutting so go to edit and turn them off. The card/ paper ripping maybe because you have too much pressure so try easing off a bit and see how it goes. If the card is very think or fibrous then try copying and pasting your image ontop of itself, this way the robo will make to cutting passes at your shape.
    HTH
    Lis

Been Gone Long Time! The Scraplab's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Thanks for these posts, I've been trying to cut some textured Bazzill cardstock this morning to no avail, wasted 3 sheets trying. In future I'll stick to smooth cardstock, but to use up some of the Bazzill I already have, I'll to send it through twice, I didnt think of that, but of course it makes perfect sense!

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

That's okay - we are the Roboborg on this site - a great collective brain!! lol

I'm sure i could use that for something..... frogzone's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    but to use up some of the Bazzill I already have, I'll to send it through twice, I didnt think of that, but of course it makes perfect sense![/QUOTE]

You dont need to 'send it' through twice if you cut and paste ite robo will perform two cuts and then eject your sheet, if you remove it and send it back throu you run the risk of the sheet moving, and may end up with a 'tatty'cut
    hope this makes sense !!
    Lis

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    woohoooooooo i did it i did it all by myself lol

i got it cutting pearlised card now , i thinkit could of been to do with the amount of tiny winny and i mean winny detail size of pin pricks that were on the design, its not cut perfect its just cut the outline perfect as my image was a jpeg i hand drew and then scasnned in and imported etc. so i need to iron out the marks first .

but atleast its cutting. which is super. now the big test. im going to do what you all suggested ie cut and paste so it cuts twice on thick card ive never seen bazzill card so im not sure how thick that is.

but fingers crossed i get my normal card to work

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    You would probably be best starting off with smooth thin plain card before you try fancy stuff like pearlised. Some card such as this (and metallic) may have a tough plastic coating on which the Robo doesn't always like. Sometimes you're best to cut this type of card from the back - and if you do this you may need to reverse the design. Also the Robo is not designed to cut very thick card so some of your card may not be really suitable.

Some very intricate designs don't cut too well on "difficult" types of card, and you needs to adjust your speed/settings to accomodate this or work with a different card. Maybe even try pearlised paper instead.

But try some simple shapes on the type of card I've suggested to get yourself started and learn a little about how your machine cuts, and then work with the more fancy card when you've got this all sussed out.

Rosemary

View Gallery

Any advice on what adhesives to use for glossy cardstocks? I'm Having a hard time getting my embellishments to stick to my card

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I use original Hi Tack glue for most things or mini glue dots.

View Gallery

I use Alieene's tacky glue or Elmer's all purpose glue. For high gloss those usually work but for more difficult ones, I use a hot glue gun.

For the other issue, if your cardstock tears a lot, be sure to check your blade that it is not chipped. If it keeps cutting wonky, put in a new blade. Another issue is if you have bits of fluff all over your matt, either clean it off properly or use a new matt.

I use 110# index cardstock for most needs Smooth 200 gsm.

I hope you let us know how you get on with it all.
    Happy cuttitng
    Petrina