Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    My Craft Room - Wish it was bigger! tara2408's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)

Should I buy a Zutter Bind it All machine?

Hi,

I've seen the zutter bind it all machine in magazines and wondered should I get one??

I love to be able to make my own books so I am thinking yes.

But I do have access to a wire binding machine at work (not sure if it will go through chipboard, cd etc) but it is a big machine.

Can anyone tell me if they have one and if so what they think of it. And any pics/ideas/projects they have used the machine on.

Thanks
    Tara

NT is not 'normal' it is just common! Wisher's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (187)
    you would have to make a LOT of books to justify the cost?? wouldn't you?? just trying to stop myself buying one lol
    Swaps: unofficial found poetry (sent - waiting for return) , stocking swap 2023 advent swap 2023
    Gill x

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Well, I had never heard of one until yesterday, but true to my user name, I just had to have one, so ordered one before I could talk myself out of it, hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. How brilliant to make pages for your books, and then bind them together so that the paper goes right up to the edges, and around the binding holes (how fiddly to do that once they are already bound together).... and how cool a gadget is it, I can see myself making loads of books, and have ordered some chipboard today so I can make a start ASAP, also, my kids (I have many) will def appreciate little books to decorate as they are so expensive to buy for them normally.

collector of pretty paper robinsmadmum's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (40)
    Tara I notice from your ticker you go on holiday soon why not wait until after your holiday and then decide if you want one

BTW any sponsers got one in stock?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I would say yes definately buy one, the only reason I didn't get one was because I couldn't fit it in my bag!!! I saw it demonstrated last week at CKC in Nashville and they are excellent, very very accurate with the holes and great if, like me you make tons of mini albums. They were $59.99 over these so it will be interesting to see what the UK price is!!

Sarah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    ive run up the national debt over the last few weeks with sponsers so will have to wait i was thinking of waiting till ally pally in sept u could do the same if there is a show near u after hols like robinsmadmum said
    hope this helps
    anne

on a stash diet.....indefinately!! suttyscrappers's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    where do you girls get your supply of chipboard from here in the UK and is it acid free??
    p.s sorry to hijack the thread with my Q but saw chipboard mentioned.

Evil Mean Bunnies worst nightmare jemm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)
    I have one and I love it to bits.... I had to have the dreamkutz too, but like Wisher said I suppose you would need to use it quite a bit to Justify it Mine was something like £49.95 from Crabapple crafts.
    Linda (Gadget Monkey) I am so sorry I guess I made you spend money but you will love it.
    JAYNE
    Scrapping with the Squirrels
    10 OSCARS & a gold medal
    AIMS FOR TODAY.....Get up......Wind up an E.M.B......Go back to bed

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Yes you did make me spend money, but it looks so great I could not resist, cant wait to get it, and ordered 2 different size wires to go with it, just boring black at the moment, but will order more if I get on with it. I didn't get it from Crabapple in the end as I found it on Stamp Addicts for £49.99, £5 for the wire and free delivery, so a bargain really....

Thick chipboard I have just ordered from Rebeccas Scrapbooking, dont know if it is acid free though

He can find me in the moonlight anytime Mollymoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    From the web site I understand it doesnt cut chipboard so are you stuck with buying their covers?

There are never enough hours in a day !!! cottonscraps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisher
    you would have to make a LOT of books to justify the cost?? wouldn't you?? just trying to stop myself buying one lol
    It was easy to use though wasn't it !! we made a lovely book with it whilst on retreat the other week . I thought at the time it might be an expensive gadget but if you could match the US price it would be great to have - it went through 3to4 pieces of watercolour paper at one time !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LIZ

Tempting you with templates!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollymoo
    From the web site I understand it doesnt cut chipboard so are you stuck with buying their covers?
    I used mine to punch through CDs the other day to make a card for a teenager - so I guess it depends how thick the chipboard is! I just love mine to bits. I got mine from the US though - the UK prices are scary! I'm not sure if I could have justified £50 for it.
    Smiles,

Sara

NT is not 'normal' it is just common! Wisher's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (187)
    Quote Originally Posted by cottonscraps
    It was easy to use though wasn't it !! we made a lovely book with it whilst on retreat the other week . I thought at the time it might be an expensive gadget but if you could match the US price it would be great to have - it went through 3to4 pieces of watercolour paper at one time !

oooh Liz - you are a bad influence lol - yes I loved that class - yours is beautiful btw!
    Swaps: unofficial found poetry (sent - waiting for return) , stocking swap 2023 advent swap 2023
    Gill x

Evil Mean Bunnies worst nightmare jemm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)
    I have cut 3mm Greyboard (Mountboard) with it and it is no problem at all....I think it probably means the dreamkutz won't cut mountboard
    JAYNE
    Scrapping with the Squirrels
    10 OSCARS & a gold medal
    AIMS FOR TODAY.....Get up......Wind up an E.M.B......Go back to bed

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    Have also ordered one from Stamp Addicts. It's the dreamkutz that does not cut threw chipboard. Just like Linda I now need to order some chipboard for the covers. Does anyone know if it's safe to cut chipboard with the MM trimmer?