Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Lynne
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)

"happy birthday" message

The stickers I have are too big for cards, and my handwriting is awful. I dont want to use peel offs. What do you use to put the message on the front of your card?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    You could stamp it, or use something pre-printed. I've just done this card, and printed using the computer and then ripped the strip off and attached that.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...andflowers.jpg

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I've printed out onto strips of cardstock (stuck down with repositionable adhesive), printed out loads onto transparencies, vellums, photo paper or white cardstock and cut/torn/done something to the edges and stuck them down.

The transparency or vellum effect can be really nice. Don't forget if you are making text blocks in word or similar you can make the background a colour as well as the text....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I use Decadry transparent labels for all my verses. I sware by them. I jut fill a grid of verses or whatever i want on the computer then print them out. You can then stick them onto any smooth backing paper you like and it looks like it's been printed directly onto the paper. This is handy because you can have loads of them ready made and you don't have to disappear to the computer everytime. The two cards for Dad in my gallery have them on.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I use all sorts too: printed directly from the computer onto the card; printed onto card, paper, vellum, transparency, punched tags, etc, then cut or torn, sometimes embellished, then attached; stamps (can be used the same way on many surfaces too!); dry embossed; peel offs (both plain and colured with pens); and my Craft Robo will cut or write messages on various media for me too. Some I've not yet tried are dymo labels, bought stick on sentiments, and rub ons.

Basically if you can use it to create a message and it fits the style of the card you are making, you can use it...

Rosemary

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    I use stamps on all mine now, I have a few sets that are versatile and go from there really. I always find something that fits the occasion or failing that I fall back on my trusty sizzix alphaphets and quickutz smaller alphabet, but I have to say I am gaining quite a collection of sentiment stamp sets now.

Also if you can still get them in the UK, try Karen Foster Snap Stamps, i tend to use 1/8 casual on most of my cards but i do have the slightly larger font at 1/4 and these are absolutely fantastic, if you have a look in my blog, I used the 1/8 on my tinerbella card that I made for Caitlin's birthday

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (52)
    Print from the computer or use stamps.
    A Bowl of Cherries - My personal blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Like you i'm not to keen on peel-offs except for the black text ones, they look like embossed writting on a card. I also use foil printed banners which are really nice or just print onto vellum/card or paper then attach to the card.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Print from computer onto cardstock - either contrasting colour or mat white onto complementary colour like this ....
    Rub-ons ....
    Small clear backed stickers (Papermania do some cheap-ish ones) ....
    Stamps: directly onto card (I'm not usually that brave LOL!) or onto cardstock as above ....
    Black tiny text peel-offs or occasionally white peel-offs coloured to match embellishment ....
    Pre-printed tags in lots of shapes and sizes, like these
    Eileen